Brown Recluse...

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wonderful... I almost got bit by one of these lovely creatures. (again!)
I caught it and took a few pictures.

182340.jpg

I absolutely HATE these spiders, I almost steped on one a few years ago and now I found this one in a cabinet.
I'm just glad I know what they look like, I can spot these guys miles away... :confused:

-Chris

hobbes28 said:
That, my friend, is one thing I don't miss about the south. That upside down fiddle. :puke:
yeah, I always find these things and catch them and it takes me an hour to convince my family that it's a Brown Recluse... I don't see why they don't see the fiddle very easily.

I don't get it? What's the deal with these things? They poisonous? Why wouldn't you stomp them out? I hate spiders, specially when they're in my place. I don't mind the little ones cause they eat other bugs.

Their venom will eat human flesh and quickly. Do a search for recluse bite photos...pretty scary and gross at the same time.

hobbes28 said:
Their venom will eat human flesh and quickly. Do a search for recluse bite photos...pretty scary and gross at the same time.
yeah, you don't want to stomp these little guys in your bare feet...
You won't know if they bit you until the flesh starts to turn black. :confused:
There have been a few amputations but no recorded deaths, although it is possible for their venom to kill a small child.
They aren't as deadly as the Black Widdows that are also around here... but they still will pack some nasty bites...

Holy crap.

So glad I don't live in the south. Or anywhere with lethal spiders/insects/snakes.

Most reactions

Back