bruised bananas

nabero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Question: You're buying bananas in the market. You find a bunch of bananas that looks quite tasty, but one is bruised. Do you buy the bruised banana or pull it from the bunch?

Story behind question: I had a break between my classes today and went to the market to buy a couple things (I can't stand another meal of black beans and rice). I go to pick out some bananas, find a good bunch, pull off one from the bunch and set the rest in my basket. [enter crabby soccer mom]

Soccer Mom: Did you just pull off the banana and put it back?
Me: (sleepy-eyed and hungry) yeh? *puzzled*
SM: [insert lecture about me being a wasteful teenager] Do your parents know you aren't in school?
Me: (apparently looking about 15 years old) Eh? My parents know I'm graduating from college in 2 months *gives annoyed look and walks away with yummy bananas*

I apologize for this being completely random...but it was pretty darn random in the store as well.

Would you ever confront someone in the market about their shopping practices? :confused:

you should have taken a picture of her and left it would have left her even more confused

That's funny because I felt like being a weirdo and nearly took my camera in with me! I was thinking I could take some pictures and work on dof and perspectives...but there was a sudden downpour and I don't trust my bag (and I don't trust myself in wet flip flops on a slippery floor...)

Should of told her to buy the banana then walk away and it let it go.....

People are assholes there is not much more u can do

My wife actually likes bananas a bit bruised, so it depends.

But I think you were right in puling it off if you didn't want it. I've done it when I just want to buy less than there are in a bunch. In the markets here, you can have 1/2 a melon, for example, if you want... so why would you have to nuy the whole bunch.

This woman was silly.

(Now I have a Weird Al's song in my head...)
Have a banana
Have a whole bunch
It doesn't matter if you already had lunch
Just eat it!
Eat it!
(To the music of Beat it!) :p

Would you ever confront someone in the market about their shopping practices? :confused:

if they were buying Otter meat I'd scream, shout, point, shake my fist at them and ask them just what the hell they are thinking

you should have tried to make the lady feel bad

my mother died in a bad accident involving bruised bananas , we were living in brazil at the time, and what seemed like a bruised banana was actually a poisonous millipede nest inside the banana. she was bitten and died a slow excruciating death, now everytime i see a bruised banana it reminds me of my mother. im sorry if me getting rid of what i have the right to choose bothered you...thanks for bringing up the past. :run off sobbing:

Hah ive never bought bananas before but this was a funny story thanks... hopefully one day when I do buy my fruits and veggies its as exciting.

my mother died in a bad accident involving bruised bananas , we were living in brazil at the time, and what seemed like a bruised banana was actually a poisonous millipede nest inside the banana. she was bitten and died a slow excruciating death, now everytime i see a bruised banana it reminds me of my mother. im sorry if me getting rid of what i have the right to choose bothered you...thanks for bringing up the past. :run off sobbing:

Well that was depressing...

This is an incentive to go to the store every day and troll for comments just to use this line.

:lol: I love it!

Most reactions

Back