Bryce Canyon, UT (6 shots)

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, finally found some time to scan. This is a sampling of a couple of the different trails we hiked while out there earlier this month. :heart:

The scan quality really doesn't do them justice. And nothing can really prepare you for how big, wild and rugged the country is out there until you're backpacking in it, but hopefully, these will give you an idea. :)

Bryce5a.jpg

Bryce4a.jpg

Bryce6a.jpg

Bryce3a.jpg

Bryce1a.jpg

Pentax MZ-S, Fuji Provia, (I think?), and I used my 20mm WA lens in several of them. Thanks for looking!

Man, I love that place! On my first visit there I shot two rolls of film. One of the most stunning places I've been to. And you've captured the beauty nicely. I especially like #1 and #4. Is this Thor's Hammer in #4?

Actually, I don't think it is. We were able to walk right up to this, and the trail that supposedly led to Thor's Hammer was closed for repair. :( I guess that's what you get when you head out in late September - they wait till after Labor Day to start trail maintenance. ;)

I've seen pictures of Thor's Hammer and I think it's similar, maybe just a lot bigger! :) The whole place was amazing.

I shot a roll of color IR, this slide film, a roll of B&W IR (HIE), and a roll of Tri-X 120 in the Holga. That was over a 2-day period, but I was definitely loaded down out there. :lol:

Just go there mountainlander, it is simply breathtaking.

And terri, I hope to see some more of your captures now as you told us how many pictures you've got :)

deveel said:
Just go there mountainlander, it is simply breathtaking.

And terri, I hope to see some more of your captures now as you told us how many pictures you've got :)
Oh trust me, you will. You'll have to tune into the alternative forum here for most of it, though. I already have a couple infrared shots that are going to be bromoil prints when they grow up. ;)

And there are a few slides, similar to #4 here, that will become Polaroid image transfers and/or emulsion lifts.

I have a lot of work ahead of me. :cheer: I haven't even developed the Holga stuff yet!

It's going to be a fun winter...... :lol:

Looks like that I need to make a trip there. Great shots!

man those colors are awesome....and no PS involved either ;)

i love them all but the second stands out for me!

such beauty you've shown in these terri. i'd love to visit someday!

Wow ! These are great lookin! Love the color combo, what a cool place to be with a camera! Nice photos :thumbup:

Man...a little work and these could be absolutely stunning...i mean they are as is but you've got a little treasure trove of sweet landscapes here. Nice work! :D

Wow, thank you everyone!

JonK, these are quick scans from very color-rich slides. I am lazy and can't be bothered to spend a lot of time tweaking them to look really good as digital images. They are destined (doomed?) :lol: to become something else entirely.

Southern Utah is an incredible slice of ground. Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, the Kolob plateau, Kodachrome Basin.....I can vouch for the drop-dead beauty of all these places. I was knocking on the door of the Grande Escalante Staircase (just south of the Kodachrome Basin) but we just ran out of time. :sniff:

I encourage everyone to check out this part of the world! You won't get cell phone service....but you won't notice, really. :)

I already have a couple infrared shots that are going to be bromoil prints when they grow up.
Any chance of a special "mates rates" deal? As in, I'll pay for the postage and you send me a massive print for free. Ooo, actually, I can send you a couple of bars of chocolate as payment. :mrgreen:
Or atleast buy that digital camera so I get to see what they look like! :grumpy:

These DO look really good. **** knows what they look like in the flesh, what with these ones being so small. :p
Actually, are you sure you took these? They look like ones scanned out of a pro's book. :mrgreen:

I'm sure we could work out a deal. :lol: nutter. And yeah, photobucket resizes stuff, but then uploading direct they're smallish, too, so you have to take it and deal. The original files are big and look awesome. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the kind words! :hug::

Most reactions

Back