Buffalo NY storm shots!!

Oh my!
What has brought all this destruction about? The masses of (wet, therefore very heavy?) snow, or heavy winds, or a combination of both?

Look at that: trees that still are in their full foliage covered in snow. Ts.
The same (with a lot less destruction in the area where I live, but an equal amount of destruction as is being shown in your slideshow - I looked at the slideshow! - in another part of Germany) happened here last year, but that was in November: the trees were still with leaves and we had what we considered to be some VERY early snow ... but, like I was saying: "early" was at least five weeks later than your snow here.

Whoa. Too much!
Is this something "normal" or is this way out of the ordinary?

Shelley, I grew up my whole life in the City of Tonawanda and I had never once seen such disaster in that town. You did a great job with those photos. I drove right through those rail road crossing that were down. I was actually afraid to across the tracks. Pretty scary stuff!

Thanks for the photos, we get lots of news regarding northern New York state up here in Ontario but it is always different when you see pics from someone who is there. I am surprised we hardly got a flake while you were being hammered with snow. The pics looked weird because most of the snow is melted but the damage remains...

LaFoto said:
Oh my!
What has brought all this destruction about? The masses of (wet, therefore very heavy?) snow, or heavy winds, or a combination of both?

Look at that: trees that still are in their full foliage covered in snow. Ts.
The same (with a lot less destruction in the area where I live, but an equal amount of destruction as is being shown in your slideshow - I looked at the slideshow! - in another part of Germany) happened here last year, but that was in November: the trees were still with leaves and we had what we considered to be some VERY early snow ... but, like I was saying: "early" was at least five weeks later than your snow here.

Whoa. Too much!
Is this something "normal" or is this way out of the ordinary?

This is the earliest heavy snowfall that our region has experienced in the 137 years that the weather people have been documenting the weather. Occassionallly we get an inch or so and its gone within 24 hours. We were only predicted to get 3 inches and just my town alone got 22!! This is also only the 4th time in our recorded history that it has snown significantly this early in October.
What made the destruction so bad was that the foliage was still on the trees, just the week before is when the leaves began changing colors. If this had happened at the end of the month the damage would not have been so extensive or there may not have been any damage at all. WAs of Sunday night we were still having brown outs (losing power on and off) from about 4:30pm until midnight. I have had a headache from all this for nearly 2 weeks now! LOL:confused: We are flooding in some places because all the limbs and leaves are clogging up the sewers so the water cant drain.
Will someone convince my husband that it would be in our best interest to move somewhere nice and warm...like Arizona again? We have really nice sunsets and I can get wonderful monsoon and lightening shots and if I want fall foliage or snow all we have to do is drive to the mountains!! I really really hate cold weather!!!!!!:grumpy: :irked:

Old Navy.......
Where in the city did you grow up? and what year did you graduate?? What school did you go to? LOL Sorry just wondering if maybe you know my husbands family?

I forgot to mention, they are marking trees with white X's now for destruction...there are a LOT! They still havent done much of a cleanup, they are trying to get the main streets and the main side streets cleared before the winter snows hit...thats not gonna be much longer...we are predicted to get 3-5 inches in the southern towns, and it might drift up towards us again...nice huh?

Wow, Shelly. Way too early for snow. Thanks for sharing these. You got some really amazing shots.

ShelleySnapz said:
Old Navy.......
Where in the city did you grow up? and what year did you graduate?? What school did you go to? LOL Sorry just wondering if maybe you know my husbands family?

I forgot to mention, they are marking trees with white X's now for destruction...there are a LOT! They still havent done much of a cleanup, they are trying to get the main streets and the main side streets cleared before the winter snows hit...thats not gonna be much longer...we are predicted to get 3-5 inches in the southern towns, and it might drift up towards us again...nice huh?

Well, I moved around a bit when I grew up but I did go to Tonawanda High School till 9th grade. I ended up graduating from North Tonawanda High School in 1994.

I actually just moved to Rochester this past July because my fiance lives here and we moved in together. I was living on Hinds St for the last 2 years before I moved.

I just might know some of your husbands family. Its a small world. Its not everyday you find someone who has heard of Tonawanda before! :D

Hmmm well my husband graduated in 89" (Im old! LOL) Im not sure I know anyone that graduated fom NT around your year though...I know before and after though. LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back