Bugger off!

JOAT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Caught these little critters today.

PR-macro01.jpg

PR-macro02.jpg

PR-macro03.jpg

That last one is the coolest moth I have ever seen.
Elephant moth or so? (Just inventing a name here because of its trunklike "nose").
Do I have to say any more about how much I admire you for your macro photography and the clarity and crispness in your very close close-ups here? I have tried to achieve the same yesterday, but with much less success, I'm afraid.

oh my...spooky... it's funny.. sometimes we even don't imagine how our macro world is colourful

Nice! Love the colors.

Is that another little bug under him in the first picture? hehe. Good work:)

LaFoto said:
That last one is the coolest moth I have ever seen.
Elephant moth or so? (Just inventing a name here because of its trunklike "nose").
Do I have to say any more about how much I admire you for your macro photography and the clarity and crispness in your very close close-ups here? I have tried to achieve the same yesterday, but with much less success, I'm afraid.
That sweet and encouraging of you to say LaFoto :) I wish I had a real macro lens to work with but I have to settle for the extension tubes for now. Just out of curiosity what kind of camera do you have? Macro takes some patience and getting used to, many times I have a hard time getting one good shot because insects tend to be skittish. I'm far from being a master at it but I hope to improve on it for sure.

mentos_007 said:
oh my...spooky... it's funny.. sometimes we even don't imagine how our macro world is colourful
THat's what got me into macro actually...when I first got my XT I used the Kit lens to take a photo of a bee and it turned out pretty good. I looked into some extension tubes that would work with my 70-200mm f4 (which I don't have any more :( ) which was a cheap solution to get macro shots, and I was amazed what I saw...it's very addicting!

Thanx for the positive feedback!

eXcellent shooting as always JOAT> that last moth is cool. Nicely done man.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back