Buggers monopod

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well macro would be a more correct term ;)
Anyways I am after a monopod good for macro insect work, I want to use it to keep the mobility of handholding whilst also being able to have the pod take some of the weight of the setup - as such I am after a pod that will extend and contract quickly and with little fuss. A low minumum height is also important for ground work.

Any suggestions?

The Neotec from Bogen/manfrotto has one-handed operation. I use it with heavier telephoto lenses. Not sure it can get low enough for you though.

You have good taste usayit - thaat looks very cool!

Yes.. it functions pretty well but it doesn't collapse as small as others nor is it light. It just might be what the OP might need though... although I don't do macro so it would be difficult for me to comment on its use specifically for macro.

They also make a Neotec tripod as well.

Had a look at the manfrotto site and it seems the only monopod they make like the neotec is the 334B - but that only has the upper section on quick movement, not the whole device.
The neotech is taller than I would like when at its shortest extension - but only the 676B really gets low enough - which is a loss of both the quick action and also the support for the heavier lenses I have/will have (when I rob a bank)

I wonder if there are any other competator monopods like the neotech - its currently looking the best bet

Most reactions

New Topics

Back