Bugsy Malone!

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
Hi all,

I was asked to take some pictures at a local school's production of Bugsy Malone. Thought I'd share the piccies with you. Shot on T-Max 3200 with a Nikon F3 and 180mm Nikkor f2.8 for those who are interested in such things.

Click here for the rest!

Rob
bugsy07.jpg

Wow, T-Max 3200. Seemed to work out well though for the low lighting conditions. I'm assuming that the grain in the shots is from the high-speed film? The grain looks nice in some of the shots, sort of adding a feel to the pictures. I've always wanted to shoot a play like that, very nice shots.

core_17 said:
Ooooooh...I have a particular fondness for grainy b/w pictures when done right. Got anymore?

Thanks Corry and Darin3200 for the kind words. Yep Kodak T-Max 3200 is one of my favourite effect films, an added bonus being other people's assumptions: "you need a flash mate". Err.. no actually :)

It's grainy, but if you like grainy... the rest are at:

http://www.ukphotographs.com/bugsy

More to be posted soon, so watch this space!

I was also quite pleased with this one:
bugsy03.jpg

Rob

Great work, Rob. :thumbup: High speed film was a wonderful choice here; lends such a period flare to the images. It's one of my fave films! But then, I like grain. :heart:

Looks like it was a cute production, too - everyone seems to be having a great time. I liked them all! :D

Thanks for the comments. The kids really enjoyed it, so I'll pass your approval on to them! Luckily they had run out of foam by the end of the last night, so the parents and teachers (and me) didn't get a good soaking - as is the way at the end of Bugsy productions!

Rob

Looked at the other pictures, well done. I would take the grain over flash anyday, plus the grain works in these pictures, really like how the subjects are highlighted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back