Building a Cyclorama (WIP)

PhilG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys!

We are in the process of finishing our studio in Sitges - Spain and we thought we'd let you guys check out our progress while we are building our new Cyclorama.

You can follow our day to day photo diary of our Cyclorama build here:
http://www.facebook.com/...1&e=0#/album.php?aid=112606&id=53987022297

Any tips, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Phil G.
Studio Sitges

Welcome to the forum! Had trouble viewing the cyc build which is a bummer. One day my studio will have a cyc and I am very interested. Let's face it; rolling up seamless is just a waste of time and money.

Love & Bass

Welcome to the forum! Had trouble viewing the cyc build which is a bummer. One day my studio will have a cyc and I am very interested. Let's face it; rolling up seamless is just a waste of time and money.

Love & Bass

what is a cyc?

A Cyclorama or Cyc is basically a seamless roll made out of wood. Generally 8-10' wide by 10-12' high or what ever size you can fit. Takes a lot of work and exceptional carpentry skills. It is worth it because you will never have to unroll another roll of seamless again. Just re paint the floor after a couple of session and it is as good as new.

Love & Bass

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Sorry if your having trouble viewing the link...

I'll post some pics and info of our current progress soon for you guys to check it out.

Phil G.
Studio Sitges

Hi again guys!

As promised, here are some pics of the current state of our cyclorama:

Right now, the foundation of the curve is done. It's about 8,4m wide. Next step is the fine mortar + plaster + preparing the walls and floors...

If anyone is having trouble viewing the previous link, just search for Studio Sitges on Facebook and you can check out our day to day diary of our progress with this cyc build :)

Phil G.
Studio Sitges[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Big up Phil!!!!!! That is going to be tight! You can probably drive a car on it. If you want to get silly look into an overhead lighting system.

I trust your studio will be very successful.

Much love & Bass

If anyone is having trouble viewing the previous link, just search for Studio Sitges on Facebook and you can check out our day to day diary of our progress with this cyc build :)

Most reactions

Back