Building a darkroom

I think it sounds great! :thumbup: I would love to have running water in my DR, but have to use a large plastic storage bin filled with water as a parking spot for my prints, till I can get them downstairs to the sink in the print washer. It's a pain, but I'm still thrilled to be printing at home. :)

I used cut up black plastic trash bags over my windows, about three layers, and it works fine.

Well a personal update on this one. I've decided to look into sheds for my darkroom. It will be a lot simpler to get a good sized kit to assemble than having to build it from the ground up. Plus I won't have to worry about the wood rotting, as I want this to be a permanent, long lasting thing. They have some really nice selections and with proper insulation and ventilation it'll be like a mini house.

thats a really good idea, if our shed wasnt full of junk, and spiders, id love to use it. but if you are getting an insulated one, then heck you might as well if youve got the yard to put it in! if you are building the shed yourself, be extra careful when you pour the foundation for it, ours isnt perfect, and air leaks in the gap where the foundation is lower, and it coudl get COLD. good luck!

hammy said:
Well a personal update on this one. I've decided to look into sheds for my darkroom. It will be a lot simpler to get a good sized kit to assemble than having to build it from the ground up. Plus I won't have to worry about the wood rotting, as I want this to be a permanent, long lasting thing. They have some really nice selections and with proper insulation and ventilation it'll be like a mini house.
I've wondered about those myself. Insulation and ventilation are the main factors, of course. But if done well, it could be soooo perfect. Let us know how it's going, once you start! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back