Building Facade, Washington, D.C.

elsapo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.teamwetdog.com
I'd appreciate comments on this one. I've heard everything from "wow" to "eh" ... on the other hand, I probably should form my own opinions of my work. Damn I'm insecure sometimes.

www.TeamWetDog.com

facadew2.jpg

Robert Walton

I love the black and white treatment here. its nice and sharp and exposed very well.

im not 100% with the composition yet, but a building like this might be quite difficult and/or drab to photograph in any other conventional method.

i say great work here!!!

md

i like that you included sky above; cool sky btw. i also like the b&w tones. this is typical of how restoration projects go around here. the idea, if possible, is to maintain the original facades and rebuild around them for aesthetic purposes.

in this shot, i would liked to have seen more of the lower portion of the structure and the foreground lightened just a bit. still, i think you have a great shot.

I agree with MD here. The B&W just looks gorgeous! Crisp, deep and your clouds look great.
The cut off part of the building in the bottom left bothers me though. Maybe you could do a Panorama of this and not necessarily horizontal but maybe vertical or on an angle?

lol,
I was looking at some of your other stuff. i see you like to go out to take pics at 3am too...

JonMikal said:
this is typical of how restoration projects go around here. the idea, if possible, is to maintain the original facades and rebuild around them for aesthetic purposes.

now that i look at your website, you already know all of this. *quietly backs out of room, uttering "where in dc is this building* :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back