Building my own darkroom?

While you are building up your darkroom you can see if anyone is renting darkroom time. We have a community art center here that lets you pay for darkroom time.

Hi Professional,

Ebay.com/.co.uk/.de is probably, your best bet - its where I bought my rondinax. I've used it to developed both black and white and colours films no problems (just a matter of monitoring temperature correctly - especially for colour film. Aside from that, developing negatives is a breeze. You can only develop one roll at time though, which will make big jobs take longer.

They've only made rondinax tanks for 35mm and 120 film as far as I can tell.

ebay example:
cgi.ebay.com/Agfa-Rondinax-35U-daylight-developing-tank-/140511633046?pt=UK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories&hash=item20b7255e96#ht_1296wt_1140

Kudos for your choice to stay with film! Hopefully, film will stay with us!
On your search for d'room equipment, don't ignore local camera shops. Many deal with used equipment, and at great values, minus shipping.
It's important to oversize when choosing an enlarger(you may go to a larger film format later, and it's one less obstacle at that time, so plan ahead). Tray sizes are easy and inexpensive to adjust, the enlarger is the most important choice in the beginning. Recommendations as to the best choice are endless, and will be jaded by those who recommend any particular brand. Opinions are based on experience, so go with what you're comfortable with, and meets your standards.
Where to put a darkroom? I have an Omega D2 4x5 enlarger with a Zone VI cold light head, an Omega C70 35mm enlarger, printing 16x20's and 11x14's, processed in trays, I process my film in trays, mix my own developers, fixers, hypos and tone all prints. I wash my prints in an archival print washer. This all happens in a half bathroom. Be creative my friend.

Most reactions

Back