Building on (green) fire????

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While finally (months later) working on the photos I took while we were on holidays at the end of July/beginning of August, I stumbled across this one and only now realised that this abandoned building is ... "burning"?

gebudeingrnenflammen.jpg

I find it funny how the trees that grow out of the building look like spurting flames.

Seen in the town of Brandenburg from on board our chartered yacht as we were smoothly travelling past.

As soon as I seen the word green in the title I knew it was you Lafoto. Hahahah....great photo!!!!!

I don't think that anyone actually planted those, they planted themselves, which in itself is a fascinating phenomenon, I think, i.e. how fast and how effectively nature claims back its territory once man disappeared from a scene ... and this building cannot have been empty and unused for very much longer than 10 years.

What surprised me so yesterday when I stumbled across this one again is that I never realised upon TAKING it that the trees looked like flames. The association only came to me when I looked at the PHOTO again ... the original scene did not suggest this to me. I actually don't even remember WHAT exactly made me take this photo? (Which is why it absolutely counts as a mere "snapshot"!!!)

What a neat shot. I wonder how it would look in BW with the trees coloured in to look like fire. I know that I sure couldn't do that with my total lack of skills in PS... but someone could surely make it work.

Oh, I was just going to say "Go ahead and play with it" before I came to the part where you referred to your "total lack of skills in PS" - but someone may well take you up on your idea and play.

LaFoto said:
Oh, I was just going to say "Go ahead and play with it" before I came to the part where you referred to your "total lack of skills in PS" - but someone may well take you up on your idea and play.
Still no takers on trying to play with this one. That's a shame. If only I knew what to do... Maybe you should try posting it again in the challenge area (I think that's what it's called). You probably know what I mean though.

Raze, yours inspired me, I took the photo the other way for a different look...

Edit.jpg

That's a very interesting shot, how lucky! And the PP has a lot of potential...sigh...sometimes the amount of work my photos could use just drives me nuts. I guess that's why there's always something in the archive worth rediscovering, eh?

Most reactions

Back