Building shot for C&C

Gregry254

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My mum works for a charity called Barnardos (childrens home, not the charity shop) and I was asked to take a picture of the front of the building for their new brochure. Just looking for some C&C on this please.

Front11976x1312.jpg

I did increase the exposure of everything bar the sky a little, I don't know if that is enough to class it as HDR?

Not bad. I would like to see some sun on it, but this is OK too.

While the wall is a nice foreground, giving depth to the photo, I think you could bring it down in tone a bit so it's not competing for attention with the building. And, including so much of it places the building squarely in the center of the composition.

I'm not really fond of the tree trunk cutting across that section of the house and disappearing behind the wall. I see you have 18mm to work with. Did you do any from the other side of the wall?

And get out the polarizer.

I hope this helps.

-Pete

I don't own a polarizer :(

That is shot at 18mm and is about as far back as I can get while still keeping the building in the shot.

There is nothing I can do about the tree I don't think. I will have to go back and have another go sometime :)

i think the shot is great for a brochure, the only thing i would change is take out the brick wall and give us more sky. ;)

The wall, to me, is really drawing my attention away from the building. In a wierd way it's confusing... making me want to think wall, curb, wall.... etc.

Would be nice to brighten up the entrance and some overhangs.
Could an evening shot be better ?

I thought the same thing about the wall, it was distracting me from the building.

Most reactions

Back