Buildings on strange angles dipped in gold

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was getting a bit bored with the usual building photo angles and framing. So I tried this tight look. It was a gorgeous sunset and the light was this amazing golden colour. Try and imagine the building a sort of un-interesting grey and that's what it normally looks like.

The Pantheon, Paris.

Pantheon.jpg

And this is another strange-ish angle on the Eiffel Tower.

EiffelTower-underneath.jpg

And here's a sort of botched job on a duotone... guess what building! ;-)
Even though the conversion is dodgy coz I mucked around in the shadows/highlights control... i sort of like how it's detached from the sky. hmmm sometimes it grows on me and other times I hate it.

EiffelTowerCloseDuotone.jpg

Thanks for looking! :) :hug::

beautiful structures well captured. i really like your crops and angles here. your treatment choice of the last works for me...love the effect!

I love these Meysha ! All 3 are very interesting. I really dig your choice of angels on these. Very Nicely done !

Even though it's a botched job, it still has enough visual interest that you can get away with it. ;) The angle really makes the shot here. Very cool.

My favorite is the second one, very simple and nice. :thumbup:

I like these a lot Meysha, and your treatment of the Eiffel Tower is great, especially on #3...

jonMikal said:
beautiful structures well captured.
Well I wish I could take credit for the structures but thanks!

Thanks everyone else as well. I do have a wider angle of that second shot if you want to have a look at it as well. I think I prefer the closer one though.

Oh and yippee I might be getting a 350D by next week.

I think all three of these pics are immense, my favourite is actually that "botched" eiffel tower one, it has a really dark, ominous feel to it.

the last one is cool, especially with the sky.

I like them. Not just because of the colours, but becasue they're different. You've thought about what you're doing and it shows. You've given us a different way of looking at the buildings.

Can't wait for the Holga shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back