buildings

den9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
im no pro, but my father asked me to take some pictures of buildings he worked on for his website.

any tips? whats a good time, sunset sunrise? i plan on going on the weekend hoping the parking lots are empty

Think about the angle you want to shoot the buildings from...and then which time of day is going to give you the best lighting. If your angle is from the east you will want to shoot at sunrise and vice versa.

You also may want to consider correcting any convergence in Photoshop.

Use a tripod if you have one.

I see that you have a 12-24. Wide angles and architecture can lead to some cool photographs.

im gonna go try it out, there is 3 huge complexes i need to shoot, which i want puffy white clouds in the back, then theres store fronts which i can use the cloudy skies to diffuse the light since the sky wont be in the pictures

ok i went out today and took some shots, im not sure how i feel about them, my dad said he didnt like the shadows so i guess hes just going to have to hire someone to do this. i had a shot from the dead center but my camera wasnt perfectly straight and i cant straighten it because the edges are distorted

DSC_0036-2.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

i think the first one looks great, the second one not as much

i like the first too. Makes the building look very interesting.

do u think its good enough for a website?

what can be improved in the second shot? the lighting?

Just my opinion; try fixing the keystone distortion in photoshop and see how it looks. It may improve the image or it may make it look boring. Also, check if there are any angles where there aren't too many obstructions.

well....I think it is good enough for a website. The picture for my school isnt even that good looking. But, whoever is making the website will have to make that decision.

you could try using the same kind of angle but instead walk around the whole building and take all that you can. but i really think, thats the best angle for that building.

I think that if you stand farther from the building and use a telephoto, it will take some of the looking up at the building and will take out some of the distortion.

Most reactions

Back