built in 1832

dalebe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
here's a shots of arley hall in cheshire, built in 1832, it played host to the famous tv whodunnit series "cluedo" amongst others..
P3290004.jpg
and the amazing gardens of arleyhall.
P3290019.jpg
pity about the absolute colurless british autum sky.
P3290021.jpg

Nice lines. Stand up work.
If I may, I think the top image could stand about a degree of clockwise rotation to plum the vertical lines.
Beautiful hall and grounds.
--A

Put your first one up in the Photoshop Challenge subsection of the Photo Themes, maybe someone will help you get a nicer sky for it?

(I once presented a photo of a church taken in Norfolk somewhere and asked people to "give me a nicer sky" - since my sky in that photo was equally 'interesting' as yours is here - and they came up with the funniest solutions - and some were even very good, serious photoshop work).

Niki said:
Thats really cool. I wonder how it is inside. :)
thanks niki, we did actually go inside yesterday. Without overexaggerating, this place is fascinating, the rooms are unbelievable, i just wish i could have taken some shots of it, but it was'nt allowed :sad anim:

thanks for all your comments, and "lafoto" i thought i would have a go myself. What do you think?, and "allen" i've straightened it up a bit also, done a bit of cropping too.
P8120102.jpg

Ta-ta-ta-taaaaaa! Yay. Congratulations, dalebe. I didn't know you knew how to do it yourself (was judging from my personal point-of-view, who, without any PS software any longer - or even WITH the necessary software - could NOT do it myself). This is soooo much more colourful. And the sky looks ok with the thick cloud coming in from the west (?) (here they always come from the west), for that could have just obscured the sun, hence no more shadows. Well done!

what an amazing subject! I love the compostition of the second one, the hall is gorgeous I look forward to seeing more of your work

Delebe, great shots, and a good choice of subject.

Love the blues and greens, and think youve done really well with these pics.

Good job :)

Straightening out the picture and adding some contrast/saturation made a huge difference. Having colour or defination in the clouds really adds to it as well. Good job, like your other pictures as well

Most reactions

Back