built myself a softbox

tron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just a box with some holes cut in it, paper over the holes, and light shone into the box

DSC_0006_mints.jpg

would like any comments on this pic

Good!
I wish I had grabbed a banana carton when they had so many banana cartons set out as "carry-your-goods-home-in-these-cartons" at the local shop ... grrr! Why didn't I? I've always wanted to try out this homemade softbox thing from a banana carton and white paper to all sides and light shining through all sides. Not that I HAVE lights bright enough for the experiment, though... Oh oops.

Did you perhaps mean a lightbox rather than a softbox?

You may want to adjust the intensity of your lighting because you have completely lost detail on the top edge of the tin.

We both supposedly meant to say "lightbox" ... oops, and I fell for it... :(

Cool. DIY is the way to go!

Saying that I bought a lightbox from Maplin for under £10, folds away, velcro 2-sided background etc.. pretty neat.

You can't buy one at 3:30am though, where as you can find a box at that time I'm sure.

thanks for the feedback, it was a late night project as you can tell from my opening post :)

if anyones curious, heres a pic of what i did. and kundalini, im working with some ghetto lamps, would moving them away help? i already had my sb600 set at 1/64 power

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Way to go! I might just do this if you don't mind me steeling your idea. I use one of these at work! The bought kind, but yeah, it's just like what you have here. Lights on each side and one at the top with with white all around.

-Christopher

Way to go! I might just do this if you don't mind me steeling your idea. I use one of these at work! The bought kind, but yeah, it's just like what you have here. Lights on each side and one at the top with with white all around.

-Christopher

go for it man! feel free to post yr pics of the finished product and stuff in here :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back