Bulldog - At Full Speed

crzyfotopeeple

Vanimal
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My bulldog chasing a tennis ball. She is getting old but still can move pretty well.
785A2668-Edit.jpg

Cute pup; she's quite under-exposed however as a result (I suspect) of using area metering which was affected by the brighter background.

This is the reason I wanted to start posting. You bring up good points and things I never thought of when I was taking the picture and post processing. Thanks.

Is it possible or avisable to post raw files and allow editing so examples can be given of suggestions?

You can't post them here but you can put them somewhere and put a link.
This one could be fixed as is if you allow

Just change your profile here on the site to Photos are OK to edit and someone will edit the photo and they can explain what they did to edit it :encouragement:

Last edited:
You need to change your status to "my pics are ok to edit" and you'd be surprised at the solutions this group would throw at you

Thanks everyone. Changed my status to OK to edit.

So here is what I did in LR

Exposure +1.25
Contrast +25
Shadows +25
Whites +10
Blacks +10
Clarity +25
Sharpening +75
Masking +30

I also cropped out the tennis ball as it really doesn't add to the shot. I also wanted to remove a little dead space as the pup is in perfect focus so making it a little tighter works fine. The goal of my exposure adjustments were to get the subject out of the shadows. I know the background will be a little blown out now but as long as it isn't drawing the viewers attention from the subject then who cares. Hope you like it, I edit to my eye so other opinions will vary :encouragement:

785A2668-Edit-3.jpg

Last edited:
I like it. Definitely can see now my original shot was underexposed.

Also, I can't tell what resolution you uploaded this at because I'm on my phone but it took quite a while for it to come up on my screen. If you posted it at full resolution you're not supposed to. I think the rules state a maximum of 800px along the longer side. I know I usually go a bit larger than that when I post but still try and keep the file size down.

OK. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check size of file next time before upload. I did save as from Photoshop at max jpeg setting. I also reduce the image size to 8 x 11 or somewhere close to that to keep proportions.

OK. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check size of file next time before upload. I did save as from Photoshop at max jpeg setting. I also reduce the image size to 8 x 11 or somewhere close to that to keep proportions.

Reducing in size by inches isn't the determining factor; it depends on the stated print resolution.
Everything in display and printing is determined by number of pixels.
Just resize, setting export characteristics in LR so that height isn't more than 900 and width isn't more than 1200, and all will be fine.

OK. Makes sense. I predominantly use LR anyway so should make it even easier. Don't have to open in photoshop.

Try using the settings I listed and see how it looks to you in LR, I'm using LR5.7. Maybe a few adjustments from there will look better to your eye :encouragement:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back