Bullet

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Stern and alert......

7985-Bullet.jpg

Nice, like the PP but I think it should have been a bit darker. The dog that is.

Sure thing.

First I re-painted the background with black... to smooth out the patchy places. Then I bumped the brightness and contrast... I sharpened it a bit... Desaturated the overly blue or yellow areas... Saturated the eyes a little... Burnt it a LOT... Dodged a little... Also used a sharpen filter when I was done. I don't know how to describe everything, really... Let me know what you think.

bullet.jpg

Wow the sharpening is way over-done... Gahhh

Nice Dog, very contemplative !

I have bad dreams about shooting pics somewhere im not supposed to be, and seeing one of these running up..

If you see a guy with track shoes on and a tripod @ 1 in the morning near an industrial area, please don't release the hounds !!!

My effort compared to both you and The Saint looks flat, washed out and overall blah.....

Thanks for the steps.

Nice Dog, very contemplative !

I have bad dreams about shooting pics somewhere im not supposed to be, and seeing one of these running up..

If you see a guy with track shoes on and a tripod @ 1 in the morning near an industrial area, please don't release the hounds !!!

While boxers will protect their family (or in my case just put on a big show), they aren't meant to be "guard dogs." Boxers are actually very sweet and silly (they are known as the peter-pan of dogs), they just look big and bad!

This is a great pic after all the post processing! My two are floppy instead of cropped. :)

My remaining concern with the shot is the edges of him look kind of noticablely painted or maybe an overzealous wand-select?

Maybe a different kind of selection with some feathering to make it less noticable?

Also, there's this neat trick you can do when you take the exposure... I managed to pull it off once by accident, so I'm not TOTALLY sure how I did it, but it was a very fast exposure with very bright light on the subject and the background less well lit... I -think- it was also a very wide aperature. The result was a nearly black background- add a bit of contrast, and poof.

Neat shot- wish I still had it... it was from my film days. (also part of why I'm not TOTALLY sure how I did it.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back