bunch of nickels to C&C

zandman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
zandz.multiply.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i took another couple of photos with my close up filter, C&C would be so much appreciated, i really want to get the most out of it.

dsc0018iy9.jpg

dsc0021mt1.jpg

Well, I'm afraid you've still a little way to go. There are two critical (and difficult) aspects to macro photography. One is focus/DoF and the other is lighting. You're having issues with both. What I would suggest is get the focus weighed off first. Your stack of nickles is a good subject; take it outside on a bright day and experiment with focus. Don't forget you don't need to get right down on top of the subject just because you can; back up a little further and you'll gain DoF, then, crop!

Do I recall from an earlier post that this filter doesn't fit your lens and you are hand-holding it?

Well, I'm afraid you've still a little way to go. There are two critical (and difficult) aspects to macro photography. One is focus/DoF and the other is lighting. You're having issues with both. What I would suggest is get the focus weighed off first. Your stack of nickles is a good subject; take it outside on a bright day and experiment with focus. Don't forget you don't need to get right down on top of the subject just because you can; back up a little further and you'll gain DoF, then, crop!

Do I recall from an earlier post that this filter doesn't fit your lens and you are hand-holding it?

thanks, i have 2 close up filter for my 50mm, (+1, +2) then i was suppose to get the +3, but i saw this one it's +10 for 67mm.
no, i don't hand-hold it, it fits on my wide lens, but when i use it, it starts to get a good focus starting on 35 onwards.

thought this might add,
settings:
1. metering - spot
shutter speed - 8
apperture - f13
focal length - 70

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back