Bundled Lightroom 5?

markj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I see that one can purchase Lightroom 5 as a bundle from for example a printer buy. These programs are going for half of what can be had on Amazon, B&H, Adorama etc. Any words of wisdom, or experience?

While LR is a good application for photographers, from it's inception was intended to be a front end application to accompany and compliment Photoshop, not replace Photoshop.
That's why Adobe's Photography Program $10 a month subscription includes both LR and Photoshop CC 2014.

If you're primary image editing application is not an Adobe product, since LR's Develop module is a Raw converter edits done using LR will look different when opened in non-Adobe applications.

Last edited:
One point to keep in mind is that Lightroom 6 is due to be released early in the new year, rumour has it March. Once that happens there will be no more updates for LR5 and no support for new camera models unless you upgrade to LR6.

I see that one can purchase Lightroom 5 as a bundle from for example a printer buy. These programs are going for half of what can be had on Amazon, B&H, Adorama etc. Any words of wisdom, or experience?
As mentioned, this typically happens when a newer version is imminent. I've heard anywhere between March and June for LR6.

If you do want to buy LR5 now, and then upgrade to 6 when it comes out, the sale price plus the upgrade price is probably about the same as buying 6 at full price. Might as well get it sooner rather than later if that's the case...plus you get a printer out of the deal.

Another thing to consider is that companies are usually more than happy to bundle things with printers. They don't make money on printers, they make money on paper and especially on ink.

I should also mention that Adobe has a 'photographer' subscription package that includes both Lightroom AND Photoshop CC (always current versions) for $9.99 a month.

A barrel of ink currently costs more than a barrel of oil.

Most reactions

Back