Burj Al Arab Dubai

smshuja

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi gurus,
I am not a photographer as such, but trying to learn.........
Can somebody advise me how could i have shot this one in a better way.

Camera : Canon A80
Shutter Speed: 4.00 sec
Aperture value : 4.7

IMG_2064.jpg

Thanks
Shuja Shabandri

hello Shuja Shabandri
welcome to the forum!

looks like an interesting place. Just a couple of quick thoughts.
1. I think a potrait (vertical) style shot would be better here, this way you can capture the imposing height of the glowing objects and its entire refection in the water
2. I would have move further to the left and try to line the the palm trees and the string of lights to lead into the glowing object in the distance

hope that helps! :mrgreen:

Hello there,

actually my comment is not on the photograph, it's to that damn Light Designer:
Was it a must to "spank" that awfull green and pink and fushia on the tower in the middle of this beautifull balanced warm yellow lights in the rest of the city???? what? he wasn't paid enough???

to avoide starting a scandle in the world of "artisitc taste", maybe a vertical solo shot for the tower itself would be nice (as suggested in the post above).

PS: Your current composition and exposure are both perfect!! but the color arrangement is really annoying, too bad you can't do anything about it, maybe B&W'ing it would do??? i donno...

Cheers,
Trombone

Hello experts,
Thanks a lot for your valuable comments....
as far as the lighting of the building is concerned... it keeps changing... after i shot the first one, the lights changed after 5 mins. so, i shot another one.

IMG_2058a.jpg

Next time i am gonna try that vertical shot

Thanks once again

Shuja Shabandri

Wow. I only saw it from the front gate during the middle of summer. Your angel is much more interesting and I like that you captured the other more traditional buildings. I specially like the second shot.

Thanks all for your comments...
Has anybody tried the new Olympus E-300 ??? looks good to me..
But i am a canon fan..
If anyone has tried this please let me know.

Cheers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back