Burj Dubai at Full Height. (tallest building)

timethief

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.x5.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yes they have reached full hight.
I will try to get a better point of view in the near future.
this was just to show how enormous this structure really is.
official tallest building in the world is Taipei 101.

Taipei 101 at 509 m (1,667 ft) 101 floors.
Burj Dubai at 818 m (2,684 ft) 162 floor.

bd_r.jpg

Oh my. That is crazy. I don't think I'd want to be on one of those upper floors. Nice shot comparable to the other buildings.

you need a wider lens or to get further away so you can get the ground in the shot

Oh my. That is crazy. I don't think I'd want to be on one of those upper floors. Nice shot comparable to the other buildings.
Thanks mitsugirly.

I am fascinated by The Burj and everything Dubai, please post more!
I will try to take better shots and post more. this on on my way home so didnt have any preperations.

you need a wider lens or to get further away so you can get the ground in the shot

Yep i do need a wider lens, but not for this shot. I had the ground in the frame just cropped it out because it doesnt look good.
Thanks for your comments.

interesting decision. without the ground, I find it difficult to conceptualize the actual size of the buildings. there's no reference point.

can you post the uncropped version for comparison?

interesting decision. without the ground, I find it difficult to conceptualize the actual size of the buildings. there's no reference point.

can you post the uncropped version for comparison?

Well here it is. you can judge for yourself. those small white buildings at the bottom of the picture are around 1km away from the tower itself. so i thought that they somehow distort the propotions in the image.

brj-1.jpg

thanks for following up.

Isnt the air thinner up there? Hope the top suite comes with a supply of oxygen.

apparently some women work on the cranes on the high floors.
seems that women are better at handling BP problems at very high altitudes.

i still don't feel there's enough ground in the uncropped version. i want to see where the bldg starts. but I see why you cropped it how you did

Last edited:
i still don't feel there's enough ground in the uncropped version. i want to see where the bldg starts. but I see why you cropped it how you did
I will take a couple more with a wider lens so we can compare. But i think that a wider lens might make the tower look smaller.

I will take a couple more with a wider lens so we can compare. But i think that a wider lens might make the tower look smaller.
I see your point. I guess it depends on what's in the foreground. It was just an idea, but you don't have to take more pics just for me :sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back