Burning on a DVD-R... help!

visualpoetry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkniivila.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am trying to burn images onto a DVD-R (4.7GB 1X-16x) and am having SO much trouble. I burned them and after flipping the disk over it looks as though the images were burned on to it. However, when I tried openeing them today there is NOTHING. I've been going round and round on this stupid issue for days now. Do you think it could be the disks? I have tried on multiple.. all show NOTHING! I'm confused... and frustrated.

What software are you using? Have you tried anything else?

I've tried a few things.. dragging images into the empty D Drive AND using burning software (Roxio). I'm baffled. Never had this issue before!

Nero is the best software for this. Images as in pictures? If you get nero, just select burn data, and drag all of your images onto the list. If you're burning images as in ISO, then select burn image. If you can't get Nero, then just select all of your images (highlight), right-click, and burn to disc, or in the menu.

Is your disk drive working properly?

you know what?... I had the very same problem when backing up my comp.... I burned the pics to a dvd... adn after the disc showed em nothing on several computers I save like 15 regular cd with the same info...

later on I realized, not sure why, that the dvd HAD all the info but was only "readable" on the dvd drive (where I burned it) not any of the other drives... weird...

but would like to know how can I do or what can I do to do this disc readable on most cd drives.... I used Nero and Roxio....

you know what?... I had the very same problem when backing up my comp.... I burned the pics to a dvd... adn after the disc showed em nothing on several computers I save like 15 regular cd with the same info...

later on I realized, not sure why, that the dvd HAD all the info but was only "readable" on the dvd drive (where I burned it) not any of the other drives... weird...

but would like to know how can I do or what can I do to do this disc readable on most cd drives.... I used Nero and Roxio....
It should ask you when you eject whether you want to finish it to read in any drive or leave it writable.

At least for CD it does. I've yet to burn a DVD on my computer.

Can you describe how you burn your DVD? Did you burn all the files to the Disc at once as Data, or you just drag and drop them to the disc? If Drag and Drop, is your software required you to format the Disc before use?

Have you tried a DVD+R. They are the ones meant for data. The -R's work too, but not so much with older drives.

I've heard that they're pretty similar in performance, but that the DVD-R is the more compatible disc with older equipment.

Ok. Things are up and running again. I now HAVE to use burning software (I've been using Roxio) OR (per dell support) have to re-install Windows, which will whipe out EVERYTHING on my computer. So, I'm sticking with Roxio for now. They work on my laptop (where I burnt them) but wont work if I bring them into work and try opening it up on that computer. Do you think it's because of a missing DVD driver or something? Are DVD+R's only playable with compatible computers/drivers? Not sure how that works..

Could it just be that your work computer won't read the DVDs?

yeah i was gonna say, does the work computer have a cdrom or dvd rom in it?
it could just be that.

if they show on the laptop then they are on there disc, so thats good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back