Burning the disc....and waiting....

Cinka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've started shooting primarily in RAW format and at the end of the shoot, I sometimes like to go through the images and hand the model a disc. The thing is, burning the disc takes forever and a day and there's always this period of uncomfortable silence while we're waiting for it to finish. I prefer to go home, look at the images, pick the ones I like carefully, and then upload to my client server. This however, seems to make the models feel like they're never going to see their images (or me) ever again - even though I upload within 24-48 hours.

I'm curious to see how other photographers handle the image trade off. What do you do, how do you handle the uncomfortable disc-burnage period, or calm their fears about waiting to see their images? I realize they're excited to see the pictures, but I'd like to get at them first to remove all the eyes-closed, under exposed, versions first.

Just tell em that you'll have the pics up within 48 hours, and they'll just have to trust you. After the first time, they'll get it.

dont give them the disc until you have checked them out, as above they will have to trust you.

You're doing this professionally. Right?

In that case, you must set the standard and control the quality of everything you put out there - either in finished prints or as "proofs."

Your reputation - and future success - depends on maintaining control of the process and the product.

It is not your responsibility to "calm their fears."

I agree about maintaining your professional image.

I wouldn't be surprised if your model has a drastically different opinion of what looks good as you do.

No way i'd give someone a disk with raw images... you should definitely make them wait until you have had a chance to process them. If they have professional attitudes, they will understand. I mean, in film days, they had to wait didn't they? Digital processing is no different IMO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back