Burning the edges

bakstreet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Could someone please tell me how to burn the images of a photo on CS2. I've been trying for the last couple of hours but can't get it to turn out the way I want. Any tips?

You could use the burn tool, or for more control, paint the areas you want to burn on a new layer with white or another light color, then play with the blending modes. After that, use a layer mask to fine tune your burning.
Dug

Just like adding a vignette. I know how to do that, but what I want to do is just burn over my original image, like shade the corners in darker but you can still see through to the original image. I know how to free hand it but is there a way where I can use like the oval marquee or something so it looks more uniform?

Create a new blank layer and change the blending mode to overlay, soft light or multiply (each will give slightly different effects). Now paint in black over the corners of the blank layer.

Change the opacity to suit the effect you want.

Ok, here is a link to an example of something I would like to do. Maybe I am making this harder than it really is. I've figured out like 50 different ways to do a border or vignette but I haven't nailed this yet.

http://jpgmag.com/photos/293734

Any suggestions?

Open the picture
Then Click on Filter -> Distortion -> Lens Distortion -> and then add the viniette

Open the picture
Then Click on Filter -> Distortion -> Lens Distortion -> and then add the viniette

Just to correct, it's Filter -> Distortion -> Lens Correction

With the vignette field, the midpoint selects the size of the vignette. Just to burn the edges, move the midpoint to a higher number.

With the vignette field, the midpoint selects the size of the vignette. Just to burn the edges, move the midpoint to a higher number.

Man, I love this forum.

Thanks, I was not sitting at the computer with PhotoShop on it :)

That's awesome. I went about it another way and was able to get the results I was looking for but I'm going to try it this other way. It sounds a lot easier.

That's awesome. I went about it another way and was able to get the results I was looking for but I'm going to try it this other way. It sounds a lot easier.

Always lots of ways to do the same thing. Using a layer mask gives you more control though.

Most reactions

Back