Burst of color and dew drops

@jcdeboever I agree, this is a camera worth investigating, though just remember without the knowledge and skills of the person behind the lens, it's an inanimate block. The fact that you're excited again makes me think you'll extract every capability available in camera.

@Ysarex I've been trying hard to incorporate the histogram into my exposure decisions. I've also been working toward exposing for maximum color saturation, switching from an RGB histogram to one that shows the individual channels. So far it seems that I've achieved more success toward my goal with a centered bell pattern with equal channels (even if they didn't extend fully to to the left or right).

I am liking it. The XT2 gives me way more control at the camera. I like that I could set it up so I don't have to pull my eye from the subject, everything is external. Keeper rate is way up and that is what makes me feel better. Now I need to gain a greater understanding of the hardware. At least it's fun again.
Yippee !!

I am liking it. The XT2 gives me way more control at the camera. I like that I could set it up so I don't have to pull my eye from the subject, everything is external. Keeper rate is way up and that is what makes me feel better. Now I need to gain a greater understanding of the hardware. At least it's fun again.
Yippee !!
Now that I switched, will you still shoot with me?

Yippee !!
Cameras, yeah, any time :) :1219:

I might even pull out my AE-1 ... umm .. on second thought, I doubt that.

I have been saying SOOC JPG is the way to go for years. People get focused on a workflow that starts with RAW and dont get why other people dont use RAW.
My FUJI HS 20 has been so good at SOOC JPG that I stopped using RAW altogether. I have been looking for an upgrade recently and X-T2 (on this evidence ) needs to be investigated.

Great set and great processing by Derrel.
While I agree that JPG is a really good idea for many uses, I simply can't discard RAW for other uses.

For example, if I'm shooting astrophotography- it would be silly to abandon the benefits of RAW. If I'm shooting sports in a well lit setting, my buffer loves JPG.

As in many endeavors, your choices should often depends on the circumstances.

I have been saying SOOC JPG is the way to go for years. People get focused on a workflow that starts with RAW and dont get why other people dont use RAW.
My FUJI HS 20 has been so good at SOOC JPG that I stopped using RAW altogether. I have been looking for an upgrade recently and X-T2 (on this evidence ) needs to be investigated.

Great set and great processing by Derrel.
While I agree that JPG is a really good idea for many uses, I simply can't discard RAW for other uses.

For example, if I'm shooting astrophotography- it would be silly to abandon the benefits of RAW. If I'm shooting sports in a well lit setting, my buffer loves JPG.

As in many endeavors, your choices should often depends on the circumstances.
Yup. I just haven't decided on a raw converter. I just slapped together a Windows box out of old, new stock. I downloaded a trial version of Alien Skin exposure x2. Will give that a wirl. I've tried it before on a winblows laptop but never gave it a serious look.

Yup. I just haven't decided on a raw converter. I just slapped together a Windows box out of old, new stock. I downloaded a trial version of Alien Skin exposure x2. Will give that a wirl. I've tried it before on a winblows laptop but never gave it a serious look.
From what I've read, there can be a huge difference in which RAW converter you choose, so while I have no recommendations, I'd give the topic some careful thought.

Yippee !!
You'll have to help me dig my car out from the snow though ....
Cars-2.jpg

Yippee !!
You'll have to help me dig my car out from the snow though ....
View attachment 135567
What the heck is that? A DeSoto?

From what I've read, there can be a huge difference in which RAW converter you choose, so while I have no recommendations, I'd give the topic some careful thought.
Yup, @Gary A. Gave me a couple of recommendations but I haven't installed them yet as they were still downloading as of this morning (crappy internet where I live).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back