Burst shots on D5200 uneven lighting after first shot?

PaulWog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just testing my burst rate out on my D5200. I was shooting in manual mode with ISO 1600, shutter speed was 1/160, and aperture was f1.8. Exposure locked. White balance on auto. Bracketing off.

After the first shot, the following 4 shots wouldn't have even lighting. The top, or corners, or bottom of the frame would be shaded. It's not like the white balance changed across the frame, the exposure itself seemed off across the frame so that portions of the shot were underexposed after that first shot.

I'm curious about what I'm doing wrong. I'll post up some example photos later tonight. This is more me wanting to learn rather than thinking anything is defective, but it does seem strange.

Wondering if maybe the lights are cycling. Awaiting the images to see what the heck they look like and also to check the EXIF information. Have you cross-checked this with a FIXED white balance?

What were you shooting Paul? I'm wondering if you moved the camera while shooting as well. Sometimes if you are shooting a panorama for example angles of the sun and uneven lighting conditions can be an issue. In my head if you are shooting manual you shouldn't need exposure lock unless you have auto ISO or something. With white balance you're probably more likely to get colour difference across the frames as opposed to under or over exposure issues. I think we might need to see the pics mate, I'm on a canon system but I've used the burst mode a fair bit and my exposures are pretty consistant in manual unless there is a dramatic lighting change, though I tend to spot meter the lightest, darkest and mid point.

I was just testing my burst rate out on my D5200. I was shooting in manual mode with ISO 1600, shutter speed was 1/160, and aperture was f1.8. Exposure locked. White balance on auto. Bracketing off.

After the first shot, the following 4 shots wouldn't have even lighting. The top, or corners, or bottom of the frame would be shaded. It's not like the white balance changed across the frame, the exposure itself seemed off across the frame so that portions of the shot were underexposed after that first shot.

I'm curious about what I'm doing wrong. I'll post up some example photos later tonight. This is more me wanting to learn rather than thinking anything is defective, but it does seem strange.

What was your metering set too? Depending on subject and lighting sometimes if you have your metering set to spot rather than something like center weighted average it can cause an effect similar to what you describe.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back