Bus stop B&W

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
What can i do to improve shots like this?? Seems alittle busy to me. Do you like the light streaks in the back?

10047785wz.jpg

It's a nice picture of a bus stop. The problem is, it's a picture of a bus stop. Technically, there's nothing wrong with it. But you need a stronger subject. A person waiting would be good... The lights streaks are good, nice long exposure.

I like the streaks. Gives an eerie sense of motion. And, man, the clarity is incredible! Breathtaking...

I like the idea, also, of having someone in the shot. What would be cool, I think, is to have him/her walking out of the frame, so you only see a leg and/or part of an arm, as if they've given up waiting?

MM

skiboarder72 said:
What can i do to improve shots like this?? Seems alittle busy to me. Do you like the light streaks in the back?

the business is part of the shot for me. It's the contrast between the still and lonely bus stop and fast moving traffic. I agree with the others with regards to having a lonley person standing there. Good shot

Great photo! I like the fact that you chose black and white, because its look like in the 80s, especially at night. I also like the angle of the bus stop and capture the front or entrance of the building. Well done!

busy? no! deserted is more the word, although maybe a bit too strong. i disagree with the guyz' idea of the person inside, i like it just the way it is, especially with that big question mark saying visitor info. it retains its mystery, a ghostly bus stop. i love it. and what some people may disagree with, i like the fact that the subject is dead center. oh, well, maybe a little to the side,na :)

if i search very very hard i can find one minor flaw: bttom right there's a thing. black. i would say crop it out, but i doubt that anyone would mind very much if you just left it there... :D

I would totally change the angle. It seems to me a bit odd to have teh back of the bus stop especially when there's noone there. I'd have taken it from across the road having the light streaks out of focus in the foreground and then the bus stop in the background in focus.

Most reactions

Back