business cards

roadkill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks. Am working on a startup photography business (which right now consists soley (sic) of word of mouth weddings and family reunions) but I am trying to design a business card for obvious reasons. Any advice on content or design, would be greatly appreciated, given the focus on our particular profession.

Obvious information
Contact info.
Email address
Website <- Important

Blogging seems to be a bg thing nowadays. Many pros are saying that it contributes significantly to their business when properly done.

You're in the art world. Keep it simple. Very simple. You want to show off your sleek creativeness and not flood the people with useless information.

Thinkricky says obvious information, but it should be no more than this. Don't make a card with a list of things you do on the back, just name and contact details.

ThinkRicky... please tell me that's you in the short clip in your sig...

Hehehe lol

I just pulled out a business card I have for a local photographer. I think it is very nicely done.

The card is intended to be viewed in portrait rather than the typical landscape. On the front it has a B&W photo of a newly wed kissing with his studio's name at the bottom and a website address in small print.

You flip it over and it three lines:
Name
Phone
Email.

Very nicely done... more like a sample of his work rather than just a calling card.

You should simply put, "Photography by Roadkill"

And your number

thanks for the input guys. I like the example you wrote of, usayit.

Hehehe lol

I just pulled out a business card I have for a local photographer. I think it is very nicely done.

The card is intended to be viewed in portrait rather than the typical landscape. On the front it has a B&W photo of a newly wed kissing with his studio's name at the bottom and a website address in small print.

Name
Phone
Email.

Very nicely done... more like a sample of his work rather than just a calling card.
sounds like mine! except i have small photos on the front and a larger one on the back

almost forget to contribute: i agree with the others, simple.
2542221901_e7b8677306_o.jpg

Hehehe lol

No not me but one of the funniest things i've ever seen in my life...

Name
Phone
Email.

Hopefully with the real details there. It wouldn't be the first time I'd seen placement text make it through to print!

Most reactions

Back