Business Opportunity - Stock Car Photography

Since you know the owner, what about discussing some options other than being there every time? Especially if it's mostly the same drivers and the same crowd, I don't know if it'd be worth it to go every single time all season.

I did photos for marketing for a local team and my photos weren't needed til the end of the season (for marketing for the next season). It was low pressure and I learned a lot. I was able to do it when I would have been at the games anyway and it was up to me to do whatever whenever as far as taking pictures goes. On big game/event nights I found that was the best time to get photos of certain sections of the arena where there weren't usually a lot of people seated (sponsors like to see butts in seats near their signs). Sunday afternoon and weeknight games were hardly worth the trouble.

I had a blast, but if I hadn't loved it I don't know if it would have been worth it at a level of sport where off-ice officials etc. usually are compensated in free tickets. (Which if you love the games and get free season tickets, for people doing stats etc. is a win-win - free tickets, front row seats at the scorer's table!)

If they just need photos for a slide show at the end of the season, I would think you could get pictures of every driver/car you need just going to a few/several times. Maybe go the first time, then pick dates for the rest of the season. It seems like a fair enough exchange to provide some photos for specific use for being able to set up and sell photos to fans/spectators. I found that a few season ticket holders asked me for pictures of their favorite player and that was about it. I'd think this would be a relatively limited and specific market to sell photos and unnecessary to be there every time. But it could be fun and might lead to other opportunities if you can work something out so it's manageable.

Most reactions

Back