Busted!!!!

I really like the capture. Great color, detail, and it tells a story for sure. You look at it and you can almost hear whats being said..

Good job Joe

Cool shot; nice and crisp from that distance I like it. On a side note give the cop a break he's just enforcing the laws; you want to blame someone blame the jackass politicians and other "leaders" in our society that make the rules.

Rekd, for you call the guy a troll and put the guy on ignore because he was arguing his POV a bit colorfully, is pretty weak.

Reading and Comprehension is key, pmcbrier. It would appear you could use a refresher course in both. :lol::lmao:

This photo is priceless and the lighting is perfect. It is also really good because you get the kids expression and you can see the mom's frustration. hahha what a classic

Anyone else think that the woman looks a bit like Carla from Scrubs?

I think i'll throw down on this. In my town we recently built a skate park specifically because kids were damaging everything in town from skate boarding. There are curbs all over the place with chunks out of them the park benches were always broke and people were getting hit coming out of stores because of skateboarders. Heck I almost got out to give a beat down on a kid, only yelled at him in the end, when he fell and his skate board came flying out into the street and almost nailed my jeep in the side square on. If I didn't have lift i'd have a nice big dent, who would have paid for that?

The biggest problem is not the immediate here and now of skate boarding its the long term effects. Over the course of a couple of years it deteriorated the look of our town into some trashy looking 3rd rate town because things were getting destroyed and since it was on private property of small businesses no one could afford to pay and fix it and kids damn sure didn't pay for it.

After a couple of years of this we ended up building a $115,000 skatepark, and it is kinda small. Guess what? its trashed out graffiti all over the place and the city is having to pay to repaint it ever few months because of it. The city has been sued a couple of times due to injury. However, I am happy that there is a park now because slowly but surely things are getting fixed because they aren't going to be damaged again.

So lets re-iterate if a property is damaged and upon repair will be re-damaged it won't get fixed. If that happens over a long period of time it leads to making a town look crappy and if it doesn't look crappy then we lose residents by attrition and since no one else is moving in because it looks so bad the town will start to die out and businesses will have to close. Leading more to the problem. This DID happen in our town, not a hypothetical.

The kicker is there is a half a million dollar free public skate park a couple miles away, yet it isn't close enough because it isn't with in walking distance of their house, even though 80% of the skateboarders drive to it here in town.

There are more consequences than just damaging a ledge or hurting someone there are real long term consequences that come into play. Just because your having your 30 seconds of fun doesn't mean your not causing someone else harm down the road. You don't know how many times I have seen purposeful damage in the name of skateboarding, and it pisses me off.

BTW, I am a skateboarder, am 24, and go to both skate parks. I also help friends with their small businesses so I am intimately aware of both sides of the coin, and skateboarders are in the wrong probably 70% of the time.

As for a solution to where to skate. Wal-mart is NOT public property it IS private property.

Go down to a public park where they have a parking lot and take stuff there with you to a corner. We used to build grind rails out of 2x4's and make rams out of plywood with a little ingenuity and combining allowance or what we got from our part time jobs. The key is you have to think about how to solve your problem instead of assuming there is no solution except to break the law. And if you don't like the law get it changed, not as hard as you might think with enough will-power.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back