Busy City

themonko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.justinkorn.com
I would appreciate any critique on this photo. I took this awhile ago, but want to do more similar shots and want to know what would help to improve.

003.jpg

Thanks!

We have all seen this one before(in one form or another). Excellent exposure and the composition is textbook. Adding your own twist will be a challenge; we all know you can do it.

I have a Nikon F and D1. Both are pretty resiliant. Especially the F. Scoping out the camera position be fore hand helps. Generally I take the camera in after a couple minutes of serious moisture. A quick dry off seems to work wonders. I have also had the lens fog, so be careful of that.

I think that city is a bit too busy, maybe a shorter exposer (not too much though) would've added a more urban feel to it, to go along with the busy feel created.

Cheers,
Trombone

Unfortunatly I do not have the settings at which I took this picture to compare, but thanks for the tip.

One question though...looking at the picture, I feel if I had taken ashorter exposure, the city in the back may not have shown up enough andwould have been mostly dark in the background?? No??

Thanks for the input!

you're right, but if you cold remember your settings, then you will choose a wider aperture, keeping your focus set to infinity (wow that's deep).

anyway, if your using PS CS, this problem could be ammended slightly.

Cheers,
Trombone

Most reactions

New Topics

Back