TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C welcomed!

dsc2456sign.jpg

dsc2479sign.jpg

dsc2492sign.jpg

wowowow can we have a bit of reszing here please- generally between 600 and 1000 pixels on the longest side is more than enough for the net - those image are way too big - really slows down page opening speeds and is impossible to fit on most screens fullsize.

The auto resizer has come to your aid for a bit - but I strongly recomend editing the post with smaller images - you can link to larger ones if you desire but you don't really need to go over 1000pixels anyway.

Also I heartily recomend this thread for a quick idea of structuring your post for some good feedback on your images: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...e-your-posts-get-critiques-your-work-c-c.html

Right now that is out of the way I must say I really like what I see here First shot is a beauty - second I think the focus missed just a little on the eye and the third shot is suffering a bit from shadows covering the insect and hiding details a bit.

If you don't have one I would strongly suggest some flash support or a reflector to get more light onto your subject and thus show up more details. It will also let you use a smaller aperture (large f number) which can let you get more depth of field to the shots - f13 is where I normally work and anything up to f16 is good - going beyond there and diffraction can start to take effect and soften your images.
Its a good series of photos and I hope to see more! :)

Thanks Overread for you comments and tips. I will try to reduce the image size going forward and also post the photo details. I coulnd't use large f number, because there was not much place for a tripod. I will try doing it the next time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back