Butterfly Closeups

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First run with the Fujifilm X-T2 / 60mm 2.4 macro. I absolutely love this camera. So many hits today, it was the first time I have ever had difficulty on which 3 favorite images of a group to post. Man it was fun, the viewfinder is so big and bright, everything is right at your fingers to adjust while looking into the viewfinder. No fumbling around. Just pure joy. Hardly any edit other than a slight crop. These are jpegs right out of camera using the Velvia film simulation mode. My goal was to see what jpegs looked like out of camera.

FMGBF (2).jpg

FMGBF.jpg

3. Not the sharpest image as the glass reflection was interfering here but I really like the image. I had to bump the ISO. I probably should have picked a better one but it is what it is.
FMGBF (3).jpg

OGsPhotography said:
Good stuff I really like #1.

Oh, YEAH, I keep scrolling back up to look at #1! I guess the BF was on a piece of glass? Great look at the BF! From underneath! With a sky background!

OGsPhotography said:
Good stuff I really like #1.

Oh, YEAH, I keep scrolling back up to look at #1! I guess the BF was on a piece of glass? Great look at the BF! From underneath! With a sky background!
Thanks. I pre-vision that all the way. I walked past it and there was a blue light in the incubator that caught my eye. So all I had to do is get the correct angle on it. I am printing that out 12 x 18. I am making a frame for it. I got the pieces cut and painted tonight. Assembly tomorrow. The original file is 3:2 JPEG fine.

Youve gotta stop it with this youre making me want that camera and i just cant justify a second camera that expensive anytime this year. Maybe ill satisfy it with a little 100s or something.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Youve gotta stop it with this youre making me want that camera and i just cant justify a second camera that expensive anytime this year. Maybe ill satisfy it with a little 100s or something.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Thanks. But...I sold all my Nikon gear to fund it. I lost some investment but gained in joy. I guess you only live once.

Don't you mean that you used a really fast shutter speed, looked up to see the butterfly overhead, swiveled up, nailed the focus and caught it mid-flight? :1219:

Don't you mean that you used a really fast shutter speed, looked up to see the butterfly overhead, swiveled up, nailed the focus and caught it mid-flight? :1219:
I want to say that but.....[emoji6]

nice set, No.2 is my fav. Can't wait to shoot butterflies in the summer!

Most reactions

Back