Butterfly Conservatory

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In Niagara Falls, near the Botanical Gardens, a very cool place (greenhouse style) is home to 100's of butterflies. We spent 2 hours touring this place, and had a wonderful time. A dark cloudy day, rainy, made for dim lighting conditions, and lots of discarded shots., but I saved a few.. Most of these were shot at f 5.6 100 sec, @ 300 mm hand held!

DSC_390501websize.jpg

DSC_385301websize.jpg

DSC_391901websize.jpg

DSC_393101websize.jpg

DSC_395001websize.jpg

DSC_402801websize.jpg

DSC_380701websize.jpg

thanks for looking~!!

Oh, beee-youtiful yet again! I envy you the time you were given (for us it was rush-rush last Saturday, my husband get kind of very impatient with me and my desires to take photos!), the equipment and... your outcome!

You sure looked like him then, right?
Fotograf.jpg

:D

Oh beautiful shots Raymond :D
The first is pretty... hope the girl got a copy.. nice one of her and the butterly looks very neat on her :D
#6 is intense... gorgeous colors...

nice work Raymond as usual! :D :thumbsup:

awesome angles/focus on those photos.. i was actually just outside trying to get a polaroid of a butterfly, but the damn thing kept flying everywhere-_-;;

at any rate- amazing job^_^

Here is a swallowtail, trying to take over my camera!! I don't think I have ever been in a place that had so many happy people having fun with nature. If anyone is interested in coming to Niagara, have a look through this website, to see all there is to SEE!!

http://www.niagaraparks.com/nature/butterfly.php

DSC0684401websize.jpg

thanks again, for looking!

These are just amazing photos. You did a great job here Raymond.

This is a great group of images, but the real standout for me is the first one. :thumbup: Beautiful shot!

Looks like a wonderful place. :)

Great captures. I love the place. This is an image of the same butterfly in your first image.

bfy0624.jpg

BTW, You have the same 70-300 that I have.

Eric

brilliant series raymond! i've yet to find a butterfly that will stay still long enough to shoot, great work!

Most reactions

Back