Butterfly Head

lifeafter2am

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot these today with my new lens (MP-E 65mm 1x-5x). Both shots were handheld.

3x:
20080511-011.jpg

5x:
20080511-010.jpg

Man i thought that lens was completely impractical. i always figured because of the magnification most things would have to be done with a tripod... impressive. how close to the butter fly were you though?

Oh GAWD. You know, I KNEW I shouldn't have looked at this one. I think I'm gonna be ill. LOL

(take this as a compliment, btw... if it were fuzzy and hard to tell what it was I wouldn't find it horrifying)

God I hate bugs. lol

Man i thought that lens was completely impractical. i always figured because of the magnification most things would have to be done with a tripod... impressive. how close to the butter fly were you though?

Don't get me wrong, this lens is NOT easy to shoot with. Its not too bad up to about 2.5:1, but after that it greats really hard because of the really small DOF. You have to have really steady hands and be able to move in really small increments. But, when you get the hang of it (which I still totally haven't) it gets easier.

If you can shoot with a tripod or monopod, it helps a lot, especially at the extreme magnification levels.

At 3:1 the working distance is about 2", at 5:1 its about 1.6".

BTW: What is your name from?

Everyone else: Thanks for the comments!

totally sick!!!!!!

Oh GAWD. You know, I KNEW I shouldn't have looked at this one. I think I'm gonna be ill. LOL
God I hate bugs. lol

:lol: Me too! And i thought butterflies were the safe bugs...

Amazing shots! They're very vibrant, and I'm a sucker for detail (except for on thngs with mor than four legs)

Funny story with my name... i miss-typed it when i signed up for the site. its SUPPOSED to be Do'Urden's Eyes. He's a dark elf from the forgotten realms novels. he has distinct lavender eyes...

Funny story with my name... i miss-typed it when i signed up for the site. its SUPPOSED to be Do'Urden's Eyes. He's a dark elf from the forgotten realms novels. he has distinct lavender eyes...

HAHAHAHA!!! Drizzt! He is such a badass! I thought that is what it was from.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back