Butterfly on Berberis

Cool photo, Peter.
Welcome to TPF! You've chosen a stunning "entrance card" ;). The noise doesn't bother me at all (my sight must be too bad to even see much of it) and the butterfly is so sharp that you'd want to pet it. How did you get the background so neutal?

LaFoto said:
Cool photo, Peter.
Welcome to TPF! You've chosen a stunning "entrance card" ;). The noise doesn't bother me at all (my sight must be too bad to even see much of it) and the butterfly is so sharp that you'd want to pet it. How did you get the background so neutal?

ThankYou LaFoto.:cheers: I was just lucky with the background I guess, that and the fact the DOF is so short. 200mm lens+extension tube.
Peter.

What kind of camera are you using?
At 800 iso my camera would make it so you couldn't even tell it's a butterfly... haha

Great picture! :thumbup:

LittleMan said:
What kind of camera are you using?
At 800 iso my camera would make it so you couldn't even tell it's a butterfly... haha

Great picture! :thumbup:

Thanks Littleman, its a Canon 20D. Obviously noise shows up more at greater magnification. This camera is 'Low noise' but NOT AS good as somepeople would have You believe. I got smoother low iso pics from from previous camera(300d/rebel)
Peter.

Most reactions

Back