Butterfly

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by BrittanyPagePhotography, Sep 12, 2005.

1. BrittanyPagePhotography

BrittanyPagePhotography TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

I took this photo about 2 months ago at ButterflyWorld. Using a Nikon D70, it was taken about 2 months ago and I can remember the exposure. I wanted to know what everyone thought of this image. If anyone thinks I could do anything to it to make it look any better?

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    It looks like a nice photo but the text across it, just ruins the whole thing.

There are other ways to protect your images, but IMO, image theft is rare and it's not worth defacing your images.

Welcome to the forum, by the way :)

3. BrittanyPagePhotography

BrittanyPagePhotography TPF Noob!

Well, the text is across it b/c I send my photo's out. For example, I sent this photo to butterfly world via email and if they like they pay me to enlarge it. It's not that I think anyone on the forum will steal it. These are just samples for my clients :) Thanks though.

4. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

I hate to sound like a party pooper but would you mind following the guidelines for posting in here?*
    http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23315
    Your other thread is fine but if you could just edit this one to let us know what you want a crit on.
    Thanks in advance.

*Before anyone complains, Chase pays me to say it so I'm just doing my job :lol:

5. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I agree with Mike that your copyright is really distracting in this one. From what I can see you've got a nice exposure and good colors. Past that, it's lacking compositionally. It's a pretty standard angle for a butterfly shot. If I wa shooting, I would try for a lower angle, or even fill the frame with the butterfly, the colors are striking!

6. phat1985

phat1985 TPF Noob!

Great Shot! Try black and white except the butterfly.

7. DramaDork626

DramaDork626 TPF Noob!

you know there are ways to put an almost invisible copyright on your images? but other than that, I'd say nice shot