Buttermilk and Taughannock falls

nvr2low

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
went to Buttermilk and [FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Taughannock[/FONT]falls yesterday. it was a rainy crappy day so i didnt get many good shots. here are a few that i think turned out decent.

dsc0057netis4.jpg

dsc0054netpp4.jpg

dsc0048netae0.jpg

dsc0036netjs8.jpg

dsc0035netsm9.jpg

dsc0034netrx0.jpg

dsc0031netcl9.jpg

dsc0030netvd5.jpg

dsc0028netwt2.jpg

dsc0024netza9.jpg

dsc0015netok3.jpg

omg, wow these pictures are amazing

thanks for all the compliments

Dan28607 said:
Stunning! Wow! Where is this?

the falls are in the ithaca ny area. if you do a search you will find alot of info on them.

they're huge! Fantastic shots.

Can you explain what the seemingly random pot-holes are?

midget patrol said:
they're huge! Fantastic shots.

Can you explain what the seemingly random pot-holes are?

im not totaly sure, but since i think alot of the weird textures there where formed by glaciers i would say that they had something to do with it. if i get a chance i will do a search and see what i can come up with. they definatly make for an intersting subject.

These photos are beautiful. I love the smooth flow of the waterfall. Great shots!

nvr2low said:
im not totaly sure, but since i think alot of the weird textures there where formed by glaciers i would say that they had something to do with it. if i get a chance i will do a search and see what i can come up with. they definatly make for an intersting subject.

I believe they are actually called potholes. They are formed over many years by erosion. When the water picks up pebbles and other particles and they are swirled in the same spot. Eventually they dig out little holes that get bigger and bigger over hundreds and thousands of years.

As for the pictures, I love #4 with as mentioned pothole as the main foreground subject.

Wow these are great pictures... There is actually another Buttermilk falls in Sussex county NJ too that is really nice too.

Wow, what amazing locations! these are good considering the conditions, number four is my favorite, those potholes are great. As you said it dosen't look like the best of days. I would love to see you reshoot these spots on a clear day with good light. Nice work :thumbup:

Great series, I like 4 and 9. Very nice composition on all the shots.

Most reactions

Back