Buy a Bigger Bag or A Second Bag

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by bruce282, Sep 17, 2010.

1. bruce282

bruce282 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    When I bought my Nikon D90 I bought a LowePro 202AW. Carries all I need. Now that my F3/MD4 35-105 zoom has arrived there's not enough room. I'm thinking that when I take the film F3 out, the D90 will most likely stay home. If I need a backup of sorts I'll bring my Coolpix L110. So I'm thinking I'd be better off get a second "film only" bag.

Also I guess I should be hunting around for an SB-16A flash for my new toy?

Thanks,

Bruce

2. KooK

KooK TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Tamrac and Lowepro are two pretty decent bags, both of them are completely different styles depending on what you do. I do a lot of outdoors stuff (hiking and dirt bikes) so I needed something that really held on to me and had a lot of padding, but still had fast access when I needed it, so I bought a Lowepro Fastpack. The downside is, it's a pretty large backpack but only about half of it is padded for the Camera equipment itself. If I was doing anywhere where I stayed in one area and didn't need a quick access option, I would have bought a regular backpack and a side bag; I'd have my main camera out and a couple of lenses in the side bag for a fast lens change.

Personally I think Tamracs are a little nicer, but Lowepro had a design I really liked. It's all up to you and what you'll be doing with your setup.

Tamrac bags:
    The Official Tamrac Homepage - The leading manufacturer and distributor of camera, photography and camcorder bags

Lowepro bags:
    Lowepro - Camera