Buy a Camera, Start A Business?

Oh and I didn't revive it.. Snaggle did.. And I also received a pm from someone about it today...

Sorry for all the spelling/grammar errors in this and my last post .. I'm posting from my phone...

I'm fascinated by the individuals that are concerned about losing business to Joe Blow. Maybe, just maybe, Joe's better than you give him credit for. Maybe, just maybe, you're not as good as you think you are despite the "I'll pat your back if you pat mine" critiques on the forum. Maybe, just maybe, Joe's not as good as you are but he's "good enough" to satisfy the client and at a much lower price. Maybe, just maybe, he's simply a better marketer than you are.

I see that many posters list their camera equipment as part of their signature. I wonder why... is it intended to impress other forum members? I also wonder how many of these individuals list their camera equipment on their web sites to impress potential clients.

Well maybe there is more to then that then you think. For example I list my equipment on the fourm to give people an idea of what i have to work with and what i may have used in the photograph. I dont know where i am going with this but you get it, right?

As the OP of this thread am I allowed to ask a mod to lock it.. I don't want to be the one who starts a thread that is going to make peopl argue over the Internet

I'm fascinated by the individuals that are concerned about losing business to Joe Blow. Maybe, just maybe, Joe's better than you give him credit for. Maybe, just maybe, you're not as good as you think you are despite the "I'll pat your back if you pat mine" critiques on the forum. Maybe, just maybe, Joe's not as good as you are but he's "good enough" to satisfy the client and at a much lower price. Maybe, just maybe, he's simply a better marketer than you are.

I see that many posters list their camera equipment as part of their signature. I wonder why... is it intended to impress other forum members? I also wonder how many of these individuals list their camera equipment on their web sites to impress potential clients.

Well maybe there is more to then that then you think. For example I list my equipment on the fourm to give people an idea of what i have to work with and what i may have used in the photograph. I dont know where i am going with this but you get it, right?

Why?

Why?
The question should be why not? As for why its just a tidbit of info that maybe useful in what ever circumstance.

Why?
The question should be why not? As for why its just a tidbit of info that maybe useful in what ever circumstance.

I have three Lowepro camera bags. Is that also a "tidbit of info that may be useful in whatever circumstance?" Perhaps I should advertise my photographic services with that tidbit?

I can take the heat... I'm usually the one starting the fire.. Or at least fueling it... I'm just tired of this battle.. We already argued through this thread for 6 pages... It's time for something new

Easiest way to stop the conversation is to stop responding to it. :)

Oh, wait...

:lol:

ive been shooting my with my camera for about 2yrs and have gotten some great pics. i shot my sisters wedding and they turned out great, then her friend saw them and had me shoot her wedding but there is still so much to learn. ive just recently started taking some photo classes at a technical college to learn all that i can. ive just recently upgraded to a d90 from a d40 and man what a differance it makes. im still learning what all this camera can do

Ive studied for 2 years, going on to my 3 year of a degree now after that im gonna assist for a while. It sucks not earning, but i hope im doing right by investing my time into becoming good at what i do before i start out. I hope i run my own business (i have even studied for a BND in business) but there is no way i feel ready yet. 3 or 4 more years, maybe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back