Buy and Sell - negative feedback from members

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The purpose of this thread is to post negative experiences that you have had when trading/dealing with other members of the forums via the buy and sell section here on the site. You should aim to post sufficient details to outline the transaction and what went wrong as well as link to the trade thread in the forums.

Furthermore please note that this is not a thread for discussion, if you want to contest or add to issues raised you must contact one of the admin/moderator staff to do so. This thread will be watched and any discussions are likely to be removed/pruned.

Note, remember this is to list only totally negative experiences, if a trade has problems (eg the post loses the item) but you are refunded the amount (ie you are not left out of pocket or problems are not the other parties direct fault) then such neutral events should be mentioned in the positive thread (since any problem was overcome and/or was not the direct fault of the other party).

User UrFavSigma, real name Demarris Laval Manns, from Martin, Tennessee is a liar.

Our transaction stemmed from this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/291403-nikon-d700-accessories.html

He claimed to have sent the package via UPS, but never sent the tracking number despite well over 20 attempts to contact him via this forum, his email, his facebook and the phone number posted on his website, Intact Graphics.

Deal with this guy at your own peril.

User
FloridafunReal name Nel Joffe, 1060 Big Oaks Blvd, Oviedo, FL is a scammer. The deal was a trade where I ship my camera and she would ship hers, simultaneously. Hindsight is always 20/20 beware of people who are new to the website.

For sale is my Nikon D5100 and my Canon 5D mark II. The lenses are an AS-F Nikkor 18-55mm, and a Canon EF 24-105mm F/4l IS.
The Nikon D5100 will come with the 18-55mm as a package deal, and the latter either separate or together.
I'm looking for $475 for the Nikon combo, $1300 for the 5D, and $700 for the 24-105mm. If you want the latter as a pair I can
go as low as $1700 for the sake of convenience, but that is a firm price for the pair, otherwise pm me if you want to discuss a single item.

For sale is my Nikon D5100 and my Canon 5D mark II. The lenses are an AS-F Nikkor 18-55mm, and a Canon EF 24-105mm F/4l IS.
The Nikon D5100 will come with the 18-55mm as a package deal, and the latter either separate or together.
I'm looking for $475 for the Nikon combo, $1300 for the 5D, and $700 for the 24-105mm. If you want the latter as a pair I can
go as low as $1800 for the sake of convenience, but that is a firm price for the pair, otherwise pm me if you want to discuss a single item.

Do you have any pictures of the d5100, perhaps with user name and date on a piece of paper?

imag0127cu.jpg

By photogenic6 at 2012-08-17
imag0126aq.jpg

imag0125b.jpg

imag0121q.jpg

imag0122ti.jpg

imag0121z.jpg

imag0124fh.jpg

Update!

I'm lowering the price of the D5100 to $450, and the combo price of the Mark II down to $1700 but i'm open to offers.
Pm me for details.

Payment sent for the D5100 8/20/12

UPDATE

Sorry far the delay in time in letting everyone know that the D5100 has been sold.

UPDATE 8/28/12:

Payment was sent through Amazon payments, seller stated that there was an "issue" with his account and that he initiated a refund. The seller then stated that it would be easier for me to send an Amazon giftcard for payment. I won't be sending a giftcard.... After 3 days of not seeing the funds back in my account a claim was filed through Amazon. Last communication from the seller was Friday 8/24/12.

9/4/12 Still no refund or camera.

It would be helpful if you copy and past your posts regarding your experience in http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/288998-buy-sell-negative-feedback-members.html

Notifying TPF staff of a possible scammer using TPF's Buy/Sell forum by using the post Report function is also advisable.

I saw that referenced in another for sale thread but wanted to give the seller a chance to make things right prior to labeling him as a scammer. I'll post in the appropriate forum at the end of the week.

UPDATE 9/5/12

After a call to Amazon yesterday, "send money" transactions are not covered by the buyer dispute program. However, I was able to get a refund. My Amazon account now shows a transaction for the full refund amount, however it does not show in the "Account Balance" portion of the account. I likely have to wait another few business days to have full access to my funds.

Lessons learned for buyers and sellers? Use Paypal or cash. If the 3% fee is going to break the bank, you have other issues you need to deal with first.

UPDATE 9/6/12

​Refund received from Amazon. No update from the OP at this point.

Not a great transaction :thumbdown:

He told me he had a 200mm f2.8l lens for sale we made an agreeable price on which i would buy from him. I gave him my dads phone number to call in which he kept making lame excuses when it only takes a few minutes to call. After i told him that the way he was acting seemed a little scamish i never heard back from him. Thanks!
oh and im still looking for a canon 200mm f2.8l

keh.com or fleabay may hook you up

*thread locked*
Please post your feedback in this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/288998-buy-sell-negative-feedback-members.html

Also a general reminder that the buy and sell is done at users own risk, always exercise your own caution when dealing with any members and always make sure to take protections out to ensure that any transaction will go as smoothly as possible for both parties whilst also covering you in case of loss/damage/accident or deceitful intent.

Post #5 was a thread that was closed by Overread, and that thread has now been merged with the negative feedback tread Overread refers to in post #8.

User name: dannydoyle

Paid for the camera body and an ungodly amount for expedited shipping, hoping to get it before Father's Day as it was a gift for my father. Sent me a tracking number after some badgering, says the item was shipped 3 days after I paid. Not only that, it was shipped from his local courier in Ireland and transferred to USPS, when I paid for UPS.

To top it all off, the package was delivered today. To an address in Virginia. I live in Philly. Either he sent it to the wrong address or purposely sent me a fake tracking number to shut me up and cover up the fact that he just stole my money with no intent of sending me the body. Either way, this guy is a scammer and should be avoided at all costs. Thanks for stealing my money.

regarding the (claimed) camera in this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/329595-canon-5d-mark-iii-body-2399-a.html

Initially decent communication, payment sent and received. Nothing shipped, 2 weeks passed, no updates, but sporadic messages from iphone.

This one is a SCAM so I will initiate a payment reversal and file charges.

No response since "i'm going to ship it on Monday" 2 weeks ago.

From the person-

Send payment to:
Reggie Sims
228 Morrow Rd Apt 15A
Forest Park, Georgia, 30297
SWIFT# BRBTUS33
acct # 1110001636115
BB&T; Branch Banking & Trust Corp.
7823 NATIONAL SERVICE ROAD
GREENSBORO,NC 27409
Thanks
Ryan,
803-477-4934
Ryan Burns Photography
[email protected]
Ryan Burns Photography

Then, after repeatedly asking for proof of shipping or a refund, the user has resorted to death threats...

Subject:
Re: Canon 5D Mark III (Body) - $2399
Do you know English just a little bit? I am not giving you back your money. You will never see it again. So stop harassing me and leave me the **** alone. And if you try to catch a flight to here to my home. Be prepared to get eliminated, sent to the morgue toe tag and refrigerated. This is the last time you will get a response from me.

On Jul 12, 2013, at 5:50 PM, Chiuki wrote:

[Hide Quoted Text] You took money from me. I will never stop.

Refund the money. That's what I want.

Is that clear enough for you?

Quoting Ryan Burns <[email protected]>:Dude shut up leave me alone.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 12, 2013, at 8:09 AM, Chiuki wrote:It's up to you to do the right thing, and put an end to this.
I just want my money back.

Don't go down this road. It's not too late to fix it.

Quoting Ryan Burns <[email protected]>:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZhF72F0ndg

Thanks
Ryan,

803-477-4934

Ryan Burns Photography
[email protected]
http://ryanburnsphotography.carbonmade.com/

Last edited:
Things can go wrong with the postal system. Anyway I would like to clarify that I have been in talks with the Moderators on here and have messaged the OP and have sent the camera.

Yet the camera was never received. Nor would you respond to my messages about getting the camera (which I'm still assuming is in Virginia?) or a refund from you directly because I was "mean" and accused you of stealing my money (which hasn't been proven to be false), so I had to go through PayPal.

The PayPal case has been closed and has been ruled in my favor. My negative feedback stands. For all I know, there was a mix up in shipping and it was shipped to the wrong address, but the seller was very inconsistent with his communication with me and kept me guessing and wondering if or when anything would happen.

I have to say I asked Paypal to also refund you, as the postal service has said that the camera was not delivered to the address that I put on the postage label.

I have to say I do not like being called a thief and will refute that.

If I was a thief why would I still be on these pages? I would of surely done one by now and I probably would not be replying on here if I was either.

I am a man standing up for himself.

Note for all readers, Hoff had actually put a Paypal claim in on his first posting, which I have never denied, but I have tried to resolve the matter through Paypal, again this was advised to Hof. I have attempted to communicate with him and with Paypal which ended with me asking Paypal to refund the amount, as I am not a thief. I now have a lengthy claim against the postal service for losing my package or delivering it to the wrong address, I am not even sure what happened there.

dannydoyle

I apologize for calling you a thief. That was out of line. But if you look at all of the factors in this entire situation, I don't think my suspicions were ridiculous. Regardless, I do apologize. Thank you for being so willing to help make the PayPal claim go smoothly and I wish you the best of luck in your claim with the Postal Service. I hope you can either get your camera back or sufficient funds to replace it/compensate for it. I wish our deal could have worked out. Best of luck.

Warning:

User benchristian899, real name Mr. Pierre Sinus N, from Krasnodar Krai, Anapa, Russia is a liar - SCAMMER.

He offered me a CANON GPS GP-E2 through the email, and sent me pictures that are the same as in an ebay's seller from USA : Canon GPS Receiver GP E2 for Canon EOS Rebel T4i and Canon EOS 5D Mark III | eBay

Here is the full email:

Dear Mr. ....,

Thanks for the response

I hace attached pics for your view

I, Mr. Pierre Sinus N. resident in Krasnodar Krai, Anapa, Russia and Holding Russian Passport N°8548217, with full responsibility and penalty of perjury have the full authority and legal right to offer for sale the &#8220;Canon GPS Receiver GP-E2" of non-criminal origin, according to the terms and conditions stated below.

Canon GPS Receiver GP-E2

I used this once time on my 5D Mark III and it worked great. It can be used as standalone tracker though if you want. The reason I bought it was I wanted to have GPS Information attached to my Exif info on my pics and it worked flawlessly/ It works flawslessy. it is in good conditon and is like new

PRICE: US$150. Shipping charges are included

Payment:
Package shall be shipped upon payment for the order. Shipping is done only after full payment. This is to filed record for the purchase, get the item well packaged before driving to the delivery agency for delivery.

Payment must be made in the following way:
Western Union

My location

Krasnodar Krai,
Anapa, Russia

Return and Refund policy:
I understand that sometimes a product is simply not suitable and you may need to return it. All I ask is that you inform ME of your intention to return the product within 7 business days of receiving your Package and return the item back in a re-salable condition, with the packaging unopened, within calendar 28 days. If this happens, it means your payment for the order shall be sent back to you.

Exceptional Advantage:
With reference to my return and refund policy, the charges involved to send back your funds will be borne by me.

Delivery Agency: FEDEX

Tracking Reference
When shipped, i will send you a scan copy of the FEDEX shipping Receipt. The FEDEX Shipping Receipt carries a tracking code for your package., This tracking code will enable you to check and monitor the delivery status of your package while on Transit to you home.

PAST SALES RECORDS
Below are records of some of our past transactions of CAMERAS i sold to some clients for you to verify So this is not the first time i am shipping Camera packages out of my Country, Russia. To make things clearer, These are tracking codes of Camera packages that i shipped to some of my clients in Newyork, Hawaii, Washington etc
These clients accepted my terms and conditions and in good faith, they received their packages.The packages were received successfully and the clients never had any problem receiving their packages .

These are contacts and names of clients whose camera packages were received successfully from me so if you wish you can contact them and find out from them how my transactions with them went through.

1) Christopher B. Brown
MAPLE FALLS, WA 98266
Email: [email protected]

2) Dr. Agatha Sacks
KAPAA, HI 96746
[email protected]

3) Paul Simon D.
ELMHURST, NY 11373
Email: [email protected]

So there is no problem, your Canon GPS Receiver GP-E2 package will be shipped in a similar manner to your address

Shipping will be via FEDEX

Dear Sir, if ok kindly get back to with your confirmation so that tomorrow, i can drive to the FEDEX shipping agency and find out from them how long will your package take to reach your home address. I will have to choose the fastest shipping option from FEDEX . But please let me know if you gonna take this one so that i make verifications from FEDEX about the shipping procedures and then get back to you.

Tracking #

When done with the shipping arrangements. i will send you a scan copy of the FEDEX shipping receipt. The FEDEX shipping carries a tracking or reference number for your package. This tracking code for your package enables you to check and monitor from the FEDEX website the delivery status of your package while on transit to your home address.

My Regards

Waiting for your urgent response

God is the Giver of all.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back