Buy and Sell - negative feedback from members

Discussion in 'Buy and Sell' started by Overread, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The purpose of this thread is to post negative experiences that you have had when trading/dealing with other members of the forums via the buy and sell section here on the site. You should aim to post sufficient details to outline the transaction and what went wrong as well as link to the trade thread in the forums.

Furthermore please note that this is not a thread for discussion, if you want to contest or add to issues raised you must contact one of the admin/moderator staff to do so. This thread will be watched and any discussions are likely to be removed/pruned.

Note, remember this is to list only totally negative experiences, if a trade has problems (eg the post loses the item) but you are refunded the amount (ie you are not left out of pocket or problems are not the other parties direct fault) then such neutral events should be mentioned in the positive thread (since any problem was overcome and/or was not the direct fault of the other party).

2. jamesbjenkins

jamesbjenkins No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    User UrFavSigma, real name Demarris Laval Manns, from Martin, Tennessee is a liar.

Our transaction stemmed from this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/291403-nikon-d700-accessories.html

He claimed to have sent the package via UPS, but never sent the tracking number despite well over 20 attempts to contact him via this forum, his email, his facebook and the phone number posted on his website, Intact Graphics.

Deal with this guy at your own peril.

3. Daniel.J.Lee

Daniel.J.Lee TPF Noob!

User
    FloridafunReal name Nel Joffe, 1060 Big Oaks Blvd, Oviedo, FL is a scammer. The deal was a trade where I ship my camera and she would ship hers, simultaneously. Hindsight is always 20/20 beware of people who are new to the website.

4. psychoreo

psychoreo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Not a great transaction :thumbdown:

5. JordanD

JordanD TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    He told me he had a 200mm f2.8l lens for sale we made an agreeable price on which i would buy from him. I gave him my dads phone number to call in which he kept making lame excuses when it only takes a few minutes to call. After i told him that the way he was acting seemed a little scamish i never heard back from him. Thanks!
    oh and im still looking for a canon 200mm f2.8l

6. 2WheelPhoto

2WheelPhoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    keh.com or fleabay may hook you up

7. JordanD

JordanD TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thank you!

8. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    *thread locked*
    Please post your feedback in this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/288998-buy-sell-negative-feedback-members.html

Also a general reminder that the buy and sell is done at users own risk, always exercise your own caution when dealing with any members and always make sure to take protections out to ensure that any transaction will go as smoothly as possible for both parties whilst also covering you in case of loss/damage/accident or deceitful intent.

9. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Post #5 was a thread that was closed by Overread, and that thread has now been merged with the negative feedback tread Overread refers to in post #8.

10. Hof8231

Hof8231 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    User name: dannydoyle

Paid for the camera body and an ungodly amount for expedited shipping, hoping to get it before Father's Day as it was a gift for my father. Sent me a tracking number after some badgering, says the item was shipped 3 days after I paid. Not only that, it was shipped from his local courier in Ireland and transferred to USPS, when I paid for UPS.

To top it all off, the package was delivered today. To an address in Virginia. I live in Philly. Either he sent it to the wrong address or purposely sent me a fake tracking number to shut me up and cover up the fact that he just stole my money with no intent of sending me the body. Either way, this guy is a scammer and should be avoided at all costs. Thanks for stealing my money.

11. Chiuki

Chiuki TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    regarding the (claimed) camera in this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/329595-canon-5d-mark-iii-body-2399-a.html

Initially decent communication, payment sent and received. Nothing shipped, 2 weeks passed, no updates, but sporadic messages from iphone.

This one is a SCAM so I will initiate a payment reversal and file charges.

No response since "i'm going to ship it on Monday" 2 weeks ago.

Then, after repeatedly asking for proof of shipping or a refund, the user has resorted to death threats...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  12. Hof8231

Hof8231 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

Yet the camera was never received. Nor would you respond to my messages about getting the camera (which I'm still assuming is in Virginia?) or a refund from you directly because I was "mean" and accused you of stealing my money (which hasn't been proven to be false), so I had to go through PayPal.

The PayPal case has been closed and has been ruled in my favor. My negative feedback stands. For all I know, there was a mix up in shipping and it was shipped to the wrong address, but the seller was very inconsistent with his communication with me and kept me guessing and wondering if or when anything would happen.