Buy.com sucks.

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by mrsid99, Sep 17, 2004.

1. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

I guess this was partially my fault because I've had diabolical service from Buy.com in the past but they recently sent me an ad for compact flash memory at a great price.
    Well I ordered some which was supposedly in stock and a week later they started the old BS about the manufacturer (Sandisk) being unable to supply etc.
    I checked with them and finally cancelled but I checked into other vendors and found a better deal with two day delivery!
    Bottom line is that compact flash prices have dropped in a big way lately so check it out but whatever you find DO NOT use Buy.com!

2. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    newegg.com is great! I personally have only bought one thing from there...my cable modem (I got it in TWO days!!!) But, my boyfriend swears by it, and I have done a lot of browsing cuz I plan on buying my camera and my compact flash cards from there. Found some pretty good prices.

3. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Gotta agree with you Corry, Newegg is the greatest!

4. friendlyphotos

friendlyphotos TPF Noob!

I got 2 extenal harddrive and 2 CF memory from neweggs.com w/o problem. Great service. I agree with mrsid99, buy.com tried to pull the same crap on me. Gives a big sale on the CF and after I placed the order, the item became backordered. I had to cancel it and go to neweggs.com.

5. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Newegg rules. I bought all the parts for my computer from there and got them in like 3 days. There was even a problem with my motherboard, and they let me return it and the processor, and replaced them with new in 3 days.