Buyer's Guilt & Tripod Question (kinda URGENT!)

K8-90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ehug...

So I went to Henry's to get a circular polarizer (Tiffen? Is that ok?), and ended up adding a tripod to my purchase! I've been in need of a tripod and planning on buying one, but I probably should have held off a few paychecks... Last month I just bought my DSLR and system and started leasing a horse ($300/month) so my bank account is looking very empty. To make matters worse, when I got to the till, my debit refused (long story, having issues with the bank, but there are funds in there!) and I had to get my mom to rescue me!

Anyways, I just wanted to ask whether my choice of a $149 (my budget limit) Manfrotto 725B ballhead is ok, or if I should have gotten a panning head... I need some reassurance!

***Oh. I'm going camping tomorrow, that's what made me buy it. So I need to decide whether I take it with me tomorrow (and therefore keep it) or not (exchange for something else).

(I've been up nearly 24hrs, so sorry if this is a little confusing ;) )

Uh-oh, no replies. I really didn't want to make the decision myself, cause I'll have no one to blame if it's wrong :p

I think you made a good choice; tilt/pan heads have their applications, but despite having two of them in my gear cupboard, I rarely use them. My ball head is on my tripod almost all of the time, and is (I find) much for versatile for every day use. The tripod may be a little light if you're hanging a DSLR and big glass on it, but otherwise will be fine. And yes, Tiffen filters are just fine!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back