Buyers Remorse D5100

If you love the D5100, then you will be IN love with the D7000. They have the same sensor, and that is where the similarities end. The only thing that I miss from the D5100 is the atriculated screen. Some people consider that a "gimmick" while I consider it a must have. But that is something small to get over compared to what you get. Enjoy your new camera.

If you love the D5100, then you will be IN love with the D7000. They have the same sensor, and that is where the similarities end. The only thing that I miss from the D5100 is the atriculated screen. Some people consider that a "gimmick" while I consider it a must have. But that is something small to get over compared to what you get. Enjoy your new camera.

I agree, I have had the D7000 for over 2 months (returned a D5100) and have not regretted my decision once.

I agree. The articulated lcd would be nice for shooting over a crowd, or to get a better shot low ground shot without having to actually get on your belly.

great thread, I've been looking at the D7k for a while to replace my aging D50

Hey, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I am in a similar buying situation as you were and will probably pull the trigger on a D7000. I believe in learning from OTHERS mistakes, hehe.:p

Anywho, I keep seeing people mentioning the "D7100" having an articulated screen, but how will this not cause the left column of buttons to be removed? Isn't this one of the main advantages of the D7000 over the D5100? If this isn't an issue, then when is the 7100 slated to be announced? I have a few months before I "need" a camera and would like to get the articulated screen with the D7000's capabilities.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I am in a similar buying situation as you were and will probably pull the trigger on a D7000. I believe in learning from OTHERS mistakes, hehe.:p

Anywho, I keep seeing people mentioning the "D7100" having an articulated screen, but how will this not cause the left column of buttons to be removed? Isn't this one of the main advantages of the D7000 over the D5100? If this isn't an issue, then when is the 7100 slated to be announced? I have a few months before I "need" a camera and would like to get the articulated screen with the D7000's capabilities.

Thanks in advance.

You will read a lot of rumors that will be based on pure speculation. I'm not an engineer, but an atriculated screen would be impossible with the current layout. Even if you have a downward atriculated screen, it could interfere with the tripod it is mounted on. The D7100 is not scheduled to be announced for sometime. The D7000 was just released 10 months ago so there probably wont be an announcement until next summer.

You will read a lot of rumors that will be based on pure speculation. I'm not an engineer, but an atriculated screen would be impossible with the current layout. Even if you have a downward atriculated screen, it could interfere with the tripod it is mounted on. The D7100 is not scheduled to be announced for sometime. The D7000 was just released 10 months ago so there probably wont be an announcement until next summer.

Thanks for the reply. I won't wait around for it then.

I just recently started looking into the latest camera technology, but from reading this thread I got the impression that the articulated screen was a given for the next generation of the D7000. I was just curious how it would be laid out.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Thanks in advance.

Actually, the D5000 has the downward atriculated screen so this would be the only way a D7100 would work.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the D5100 is a bad camera at all. In fact I think it is awesome. BUT price wise, it isn't cost effective. For example, the 50mm 1.8G is $220 while the 50mm 1.8D is $130. After I buy 2 AF-S lenses, I am already in the D7000 territory. I think I am going to go with the D7000.
I agree

Most reactions

Back