Buying 1st DSLR. Nikon D5300 or D3300? Please help.

Which one D5300 or D3300?

• Total voters
Thanks for the reply's. I appreciate it. If I bought the new one from ritz do you think it would have a factory warranty?

Look on the Ritz site. There is New, with Nikon USA Warranty, and there is also "gray market" with only third-party warranty service. Nikon will not repair USA gray market items in the USA repair chain.

Warranty and "extended warranty" is where retailers make their money, and where gray market rertailers clean up. You need to simply ASK, or better yet, read in-print, what you are buying.

The "lowest price" on something is different from "the best value", or even "regular level of value". There is new with USA, new gray market, refurbished, and also used equipment. Warranties are not always transferrable to a sewcond buyer--even though sellers on e-Bay or Craigslist will say, "Has two years warranty remaining!" and so on...that's not a given that such coverage will be recognized. And in fact, REGISTRATION of new-USA warrantied items has been the way Nikon has given its longer 5- to 6-year warranty type coverage; ONE year NEW, and then extended coverage only on items that were registered with Nikon by the original buyer.

Look in to a Cameta Camera refurb item if you need to get the price low. Do you even need a warranty? I typically think no, you do not. But some people want one.

Looked at this: Nikon D5300 SLR Camera + 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AFP DX NIKKOR Lens Value Kit | eBay

This kit has the NEWEST version, the AF-P 18-55 VR lens...so it is current, new kit....but the lack of USA Warranty talk right up at the top, or anywhere I could find ( I did not read this carefully, but still..I know where to look), and the OFFER of 2-years extended warranty right up top means it is likely grey market....they hope you buy, then fork out the $74.95 for 2-year warranty coverage. And THAT is how they, all dealers, make the most profit: selling WARRANTY coverage! The dealer mark-ups on photo goods are very small...not like cars..."extras" are where the profit is for dealers.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks. I had no idea about grey market, Im completely new in photography (other than point a click crap). About the grey market though, it is still a real nikon D5300 right?
Also, what one would you get the kit
Nikon D5300 SLR Camera + 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AFP DX NIKKOR Lens Value Kit
OR
Just get the basic Camera and lens?
Nikon D5300 Digital SLR Camera + 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-P VR NIKKOR Lens Bundle | eBay

One more thing, Have you ever had to use your warranty? I know its better to have it and not need it but am just curious.
Thanks for everyone's help and opinion I greatly appreciate it.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back