Buying a 20D

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Fewski, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Fewski

Fewski TPF Noob!

I'm buying a 20D, and was wondering what store has the best price? I was thinking of buying used, but if anything went wrong, I would be out of a big amount of money.

Any stores have a sale? Black friday?

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would check B&H and Adorama...they are the two biggest camera stores and usually have the best 'honest' price.

The 20D was discontinued early this year (or late last year), I believe. The 30D is the replacement. The cost difference should be fairly small...and I think the 30D currently qualifies for a Canon mail-in rebate.

3. bitteraspects

bitteraspects TPF Noob!

i thought the difference in price was a lot?
    was it recently lowered?

4. Mole

Mole TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I just bought the 30D and it is about $200 more then the 20D. But you get a $100 rebate through canon on the 30D. I bought mine through buydig.com but my other choice was B&H Photo. The only reason I went with buydig is because they had the compact flash card I wanted on sale plus free shipping. The final price beat B&H buy about $50. Who ever you decide to go through check them out with BBB first, that's how I narrowed it down. They're are a lot of places offering both cameras cheap but they're just scams, check them out first do your research and you wont get scammed.

5. bitteraspects

bitteraspects TPF Noob!

it used to be a little more. but even now, i cant justify wasting $200 extra dollars on a 30D

6. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you're interested in buying used equipment (or new) from a very reliable source, check out KEH.com. I've bought several used items from them. All performed exactly as described, and were in the exact condition they listed.