Buying a camera online

dreamer420

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am a beginner photographer and I am looking to upgrade my camera from a MInolta QTsi to a Canon Rebel T2. Due to where I live there are no camera shops anywhere near me. Any suggestions on where to buy one online?

Thanks!!!!

jill

It's a shame there's no where for you to even go look, just to be able to hold one and make a good decision. Consider what you'll be shooting when you consider lenses. There are several good places to buy online. Check the links right here from good ol' TPF. ;) Try B&H; I can personally attest to good selection and decent prices, good shipping. The other links here are worth a look, but I can't say what all is available at: Adorama and Freestyle.

Do a little online research once you've found something you think you might like, before taking the plunge. THEN come back here and click the links before you buy! :lol:

BHPhotovideo, Freestyle, and Adorama definitely. I don't know about any other site, but these 3 sites have been known to be quite reliable, at least around here.

My personal experience with BH Photo Video was excellent - International Order, and it went without a hitch... no extra "handling fee" too. I've heard things about Adorama that is worth your concern given that Texas is far from NY :p . Freestyle? I was interested in them a while ago, friendly sales staff. Sales never took off though because I was overwhelmed by the website navigation... or maybe it's just that the store has too much to offer :)

If you decided to get anything cheaper than the price offered in these stores i.e you want to take a risk buying products under M.A.P/Standard pricing and risk getting grey market imports, suggest you use this website to check out stores you are interested in:

http://www.resellerratings.com

Good luck with your camera!

I bought my 20D from amazon.com. Listed a whole bunch of shops that had it for sale. Picked out the best deal and went from there. Fast shipping and an easy transaction. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back