Buying a D60 kit this morning.

yeah i was searching. i guess i'll read it again when i get off (still at work) time to try some night shots on the way home. lol.

I'm glad you bought the camera and both lenses. Now you have a chance to try all sorts of shots.
I find I use my 70-200 and 100-400 most. my wider lenses just sit in the bag. I use the 70-300 when I want to have the camera handy and light.
my 400 prime is getting a real tryout right now... talk about a hit on the pocketbook:lmao:

The 55-200VR is a very nice lens. Its optical quality is just as good as the twice as expensive 70-300VR with just a few less bells and whistles, and no 300mm. You save $100 when you get extra lenses when you buy the camera so I'd definitely get it if it's only $150 more. If you don't like it, you could probably sell it used for about what you paid for it or even more. I've seen these lenses going for $200 used.

I would go for the 55-200 as well. It's a pretty cheap, well-made lens, and if its Sigma counterpart is anything to go by, it's very good value for money. The two lenses will cover you for almost all kinds of photography, from landscapes to sport and wildlife; it's a really nice, all-round combination.

well, officially day two. i can say i'm happy with both. the 55 is a good lens. now i just need to get some more experience.

I guess you could keep the caps in the camera bag, and you really only need to keep the cap for the back of the lens, and just keep lens changes to the minimum.

"you really only need to keep the cap for the back of the lens"...?

Are you advising he can trash the lens front caps? How's that?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back